2019 festival

1 minute ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Watching Royal Blood on IPlayer right now definitely think they'll be headlining a couple big festivals in the UK next year. They sound great and the crowd is getting right behind them a proper good rock and roll set 

They're sounding absolutely huge. Definitely think based on this they'll be back to headline reading in a couple of years time. Probably could have this year

1 minute ago, NerdsNatterings said:

They're sounding absolutely huge. Definitely think based on this they'll be back to headline reading in a couple of years time. Probably could have this year

Yeah the singer sounds far better than last time I seen them too just sound alot more refined and their time off has obviously got fans hungry to see them again. They should have headlined last year instead of Fall Out Boy but fair play to R&L getting them in a non headline spot this year it might be similar to what they done with Liam Gallagher where he subbed just before new album released and the year after he headlined everywhere 

2 hours ago, Paulmcm1998 said:

Watching Royal Blood on IPlayer right now definitely think they'll be headlining a couple big festivals in the UK next year. They sound great and the crowd is getting right behind them a proper good rock and roll set 

I’m really surprised other festivals haven’t taken a chance on them sooner. Perhaps it’s them not feeling ready to headline things yet but we need to push new bands. I don’t really see what Royal Blood are missing to be honest.

13 hours ago, robmongascy said:

Fair play these responses are hilarious ? to echo what’s said above it’s a shame that people don’t get to see who they were excited for but statements like these are straight up ridiculous 

I think the real shame is that they're blaming the fest and not the artist for the no-show. :( 

Highlights of yesterday for me were Sea Girls and Royal Blood. Sea Girls crowd was crazy and they’ve grown so much over the last few months, defo will have a bigger slot next year. Royal Blood were awesome and you got the sense that it was a big performance from them and they’ll defo headline some other UK festivals next year. 

1975 though absolutely smashed it, I expected nothing less but no one will else will put on a show like they have this weekend. Even if you don’t like them you have to appreciate that set is iconic  

37 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Highlights of yesterday for me were Sea Girls and Royal Blood. Sea Girls crowd was crazy and they’ve grown so much over the last few months, defo will have a bigger slot next year. Royal Blood were awesome and you got the sense that it was a big performance from them and they’ll defo headline some other UK festivals next year. 

1975 though absolutely smashed it, I expected nothing less but no one will else will put on a show like they have this weekend. Even if you don’t like them you have to appreciate that set is iconic  

I didn't mind 1975s set, it got quite slow for me in the middle but to be fair that would be the same for any band where you didn't know every song. Really really good performance overall. Matty is really intolerable though ???

1 hour ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Just looked on iPlayer for full sets - Royal Blood and YMAS’ have been reduced to 20 mins! What? As if Charlie XCX’s is in full but not those two! 

Watching now - did the BBC cut most of Little Monster or did they just play the outro as a teaser?

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Also to be fair, putting Bastille in the Radio 1 tent looked a silly decision, it was a massive crowd heavily spilling outside, 100% should have been 3rd down on main.

I think it might have been mainly down to not wanting to clash Frank Carter with foos. Ideally would've been bastille on the post day tbh

14 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I’m really surprised other festivals haven’t taken a chance on them sooner. Perhaps it’s them not feeling ready to headline things yet but we need to push new bands. I don’t really see what Royal Blood are missing to be honest.

Maybe they just aren't in a rush to do it until the setlist is large enough to make it work for them.