2019 festival

3 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Something that's actually a good idea from Reading Festival. Thought I was going to pass out during the Arctic Monkeys back in 2014, so I can only see this as a good thing.

Only bit I can see being a pain is when bands finish and idiots try shoving their way out. Nice idea though, as i imagine the crowd for Billie eilish is a concern if the numbers that are expected show up. hope it works out for them

5 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Something that's actually a good idea from Reading Festival. Thought I was going to pass out during the Arctic Monkeys back in 2014, so I can only see this as a good thing.

The one thing I don’t agree with is that they’re specific about saying you can only move in AND OUT between acts. So if you don’t think a band is very good live, or if you don’t want to do a whole set (like I couldn’t do three whole hours of Foos without a piss break) are you stuck in there??? 

Just now, BeddingatReading said:

The one thing I don’t agree with is that they’re specific about saying you can only move in AND OUT between acts. So if you don’t think a band is very good live, or if you don’t want to do a whole set (like I couldn’t do three whole hours of Foos without a piss break) are you stuck in there??? 

I'm sure they'll let you out and back in if it's quiet. But yeah, I don't see being able to move in/out freely during the headliners. But that's how it's always been with a huge impenetrable crowd anyway.

6 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

exactly what I'm thinking...

4 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Yeah I disagree with not allowing movement during acts but it's a starting point. By Sunday, they'll probably realise exactly what is and what isn't a good idea in terms of crowd movement.