2019 festival

12 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

So is everyone still of the opinion that Degenerates from ADTR is not more mainstream and that the band will completely continue down their rock routes?. It's not as poppy and mainstream as Rescue Me but it's not All I Want, Downfall of us All or All Signs Point for eg.

Rescue Me isn’t their song though, it’s Marshmello’s. 

Degenrates is really poor. The electronics sound incredibly dated from the off and the guitar tone has lost a lot of crunch. The breakdown doesn’t fit at all and it’s as if they’ve gone ‘let’s put a breakdown in to keep people happy.’

Neil and Kevin have said that the album has plenty of heavier stuff on but the fact that they’ve signed to Fueled By Ramen and the cleaner guitar tone on Degenerates has me a little bit worried. ADTR have always had strong pop elements on every album but nothing as lazy and uninspired as this. 

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Degenrates is really poor. The electronics sound incredibly dated from the off and the guitar tone has lost a lot of crunch. The breakdown doesn’t fit at all and it’s as if they’ve gone ‘let’s put a breakdown in to keep people happy.’

Neil and Kevin have said that the album has plenty of heavier stuff on but the fact that they’ve signed to Fueled By Ramen and the cleaner guitar tone on Degenerates has me a little bit worried. ADTR have always had strong pop elements on every album but nothing as lazy and uninspired as this. 

I like it.

Saying that, I listened to it straight after I listened to Stop the Clocks by Shikari which I think is awful. I love Shikari but I think they are very lucky to have a loyal fan base who lap up everything they do otherwise I’m sure their new direction would flop hugely.

9 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I like it.

Saying that, I listened to it straight after I listened to Stop the Clocks by Shikari which I think is awful. I love Shikari but I think they are very lucky to have a loyal fan base who lap up everything they do otherwise I’m sure their new direction would flop hugely.

I think Stop The Clocks is great :lol: each to their own, evidently. 

9 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I like it.

15 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah, to be fair I think I’m on my own in not liking it.

Im not a fan of The Spark to be fair, would be much better as a six track EP.

Still love Shikari though so don’t rule out seeing a fat, drunk welsh bloke in a Coheed TShirt dad-dancing to Stop the Clocks on Sunday afternoon.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, to be fair I think I’m on my own in not liking it.

Im not a fan of The Spark to be fair, would be much better as a six track EP.

Still love Shikari though so don’t rule out seeing a fat, drunk welsh bloke in a Coheed TShirt dad-dancing to Stop the Clocks on Sunday afternoon.

The Spark is my third favourite Shikari album, I absolutely love it! Stop The Clocks is helped by the fact that I’ve had the ‘and all your life...’ melody in my head for 4 years as Rou sang it during No Sleep Tonight on their first Ally Pally live album :P 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andre91 said:

They are still featured throughout the song, dress that you which ever way you want.

You are correct in how you describe it but I saw something like this happen ing a mile off. 

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

Any idea on the cost of a pint this year? Also is Reading cashless yet? Been a few years since last went.

Unless someone confirms in the next few days I'd bring cash definitely. Daylight robbery how much they charge to get any out on site.