2019 festival

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I swear that people haven’t been as arsed about secrets sets on here in previous years as they seem to be this year. 

I think there’s an expectation that there’ll be one big secret set each year and we normally know about it by this point. This year we haven’t heard as much which Is stirring it up 

11 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

I think there’s an expectation that there’ll be one big secret set each year and we normally know about it by this point. This year we haven’t heard as much which Is stirring it up 

Yeah there's an expectation but they consistently do it with acts that are coming back from dormancy to announce their return. If nobody fits that bill then they can't really do it. It's probably good if they don't have a major secret set once in a while to keep it a bit spontaneous and special.

10 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Guys anyone know where the box office is in reading? They fucked my mates ticket order up and he has to go there . We Parking in white 

You probably have to go to the Hexagon in town. That's where I'm picking my ticket up.

I think that R&L needs to take a look at the kinds of acts it books. Every year, American rappers who aren’t of real significant size so that they take a logo slot, for example, drop out and they’ve become notoriously unreliable. In recent years, I can think of 3 who have waited until the day not to show up. 3 have dropped out in the last week which has lead to last minute bookings and rescheduling. 

R&L is a zeitgeist festival and always has been, which I think is great. I think that they’ve done a great job of promoting Grime artists in recent times, which is definitely one of the biggest genres for their main demographic these days. 

I’m suggesting that they dial back on the American rappers and give those slots to grime artists who are already based in the UK. That was they’re pushing British artists and booking artist who are already here so they are likely to be far more reliable. 

• Upvote 1