2019 festival

21 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Daniel P Carter just announced the first replacement for the artists that dropped out: Dinosaur Pile Up

And theres gonna be some secrets sets on it according to him

That’s great news, I presume on the Saturday?

Edit- double post, apologies (or I just really really wanted to confirm it was on the Saturday haha)

Edited by rivalschools.price

28 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Daniel P Carter just announced the first replacement for the artists that dropped out: Dinosaur Pile Up

Where’s he said about secret sets? I think we all guessed it ourselves but good to have some confirmation!

2 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Second one is Bad Nerves

2 hours ago, sacred shape said:

Both of these very good additions. I urge you to check out Bad Nerves if you haven’t already. Saw them supporting High Tyde last year and they were so good. Very energetic catchy songs.

Missed Dinosaur Pile-Up lastvyear and the new album is mint. Happy with that

14 hours ago, thelemon said:

What are you doing about the chvrches/Foos clash?

Foos are on for so long that I can see the start and then another good hour or so either side of Chvrches. Never seen Chvrches before, just gotten into them recently so they're a big must-see for me - worth missing the middle of Foos for.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Yeah they could have been booked a lot higher. I saw them support CIrca Waves in April with Night Cafe and the crowd were a lot more into Vistas than they were Night Cafe (a good portion of the crowd seemed to know at least a couple of songs, much more than they did for Night Cafe), and the Night Cafe are playing mid-afternoon on the Radio 1 stage. That would probably benefit their crowd at a festival because there will be a lot of people who might not go to one of their own gigs but would definitely pop along to see them at Reading/Leeds. 

I have seen Night Cafe support artists like 5 times in the last 2 years they seem to just support everyone. Good to see them now releasing their album (probably why they are on R1 now actually as it literally comes out this week maybe its meant to be really good) but a lot of people do know the night cafe as they have covered a lot of ground

also how was the leeds sell out for sunday overlooked. Maybe the 90,000 tickets thing was right and its like 70,000 weekend ones and then some of each day or something to get it to 80k

Who does everyone recommend I should go and see on the Foos day (Reading Sun Leeds Fri)? I thought it was a really weak undercard but reading on here a lot of people seem to have it down as their best day. All I’ve really got at the moment is Vistas, The Snuts, The Amazons & Sundara Karma (although with both I think their second album is very poor) and Foos (and I don’t even know if I really want to be there for three hours)

3 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Who does everyone recommend I should go and see on the Foos day (Reading Sun Leeds Fri)? I thought it was a really weak undercard but reading on here a lot of people seem to have it down as their best day. All I’ve really got at the moment is Vistas, The Snuts, The Amazons & Sundara Karma (although with both I think their second album is very poor) and Foos (and I don’t even know if I really want to be there for three hours)

I’m going for Milk Teeth, Yungblud, Hot Milk, Enter Shikari/Stand Atlantic, TSSF, Himalayas, FCATR, ADTR and then Foos, all sound good from what I’ve heard.