2019 festival

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Are they not at Reading? Leeds is a 75,000 capacity site and neither day nor weekend tickets have sold out.

Could be possible I guess maybe 60,000 weekend tickets sold and 10,000 per day meaning 90,000 in total? But only 70,000. Very misleading stat if true though. 

21 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Could be possible I guess maybe 60,000 weekend tickets sold and 10,000 per day meaning 90,000 in total? But only 70,000. Very misleading stat if true though. 

Possible, yes, but that would mean they have sold out ~90% of days and weekends but not 100% of any of them. Pretty unlikely - or spectacularly so, given that you can still buy early entry tickets. :P

Edited by dentalplan

2 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Can see Vistas packing the FR tent out. They are getting much higher slots elsewhere. Not sure why they have been put on that tent at midday 

Yeah they could have been booked a lot higher. I saw them support CIrca Waves in April with Night Cafe and the crowd were a lot more into Vistas than they were Night Cafe (a good portion of the crowd seemed to know at least a couple of songs, much more than they did for Night Cafe), and the Night Cafe are playing mid-afternoon on the Radio 1 stage. That would probably benefit their crowd at a festival because there will be a lot of people who might not go to one of their own gigs but would definitely pop along to see them at Reading/Leeds. 

12 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Yeah they could have been booked a lot higher. I saw them support CIrca Waves in April with Night Cafe and the crowd were a lot more into Vistas than they were Night Cafe (a good portion of the crowd seemed to know at least a couple of songs, much more than they did for Night Cafe), and the Night Cafe are playing mid-afternoon on the Radio 1 stage. That would probably benefit their crowd at a festival because there will be a lot of people who might not go to one of their own gigs but would definitely pop along to see them at Reading/Leeds. 

I don't know where you saw them but when we went to the Manchester gig on good Friday NC got a huge reaction. Granted we got there late so only really saw the last song a half from Vistas and we saw it from the back but it definitely didn't look like the crowd was as into it as they were for Night Café which I was near the front for. Besides, I think NC are a quite a bit more known than Vistas in general and they also have more material, but I was also surprised Vistas weren't a little higher

Both bands are good, personally I prefer NC

As for my top 3 for the weekend: Blossoms, Royal Blood and Anteros

35 minutes ago, thelemon said:

I don't know where you saw them but when we went to the Manchester gig on good Friday NC got a huge reaction. Granted we got there late so only really saw the last song a half from Vistas and we saw it from the back but it definitely didn't look like the crowd was as into it as they were for Night Café which I was near the front for. Besides, I think NC are a quite a bit more known than Vistas in general and they also have more material, but I was also surprised Vistas weren't a little higher

Both bands are good, personally I prefer NC

As for my top 3 for the weekend: Blossoms, Royal Blood and Anteros

Saw them in Newcastle. Not to say the Night Cafe didn't get a decent reaction but was stood near the back and the crowd were loving vistas. I'd think night cafe are bigger but not by much to be honest, would be interested to see what corwds they both pull