2019 festival

I'd have to agree that whilst the Main Stage is particularly strong compared to recent years - the rest of the line-up is lacking. In 2016 and 2018 I was dotting around different stages but most of my weekend will be at Main this year. 

It's confusing that R+L have given strong opposition to Foo's in SK, CHVRCHES and Bastille, which I'm sure will be a fantastic trio for some people not interested in Foos, as well as SWMRS (bad clash with Foos, could they not have played main?) and Crystal Fighters on the FR and Not3s who I'm sure will get a decent crowd on the 1xtra but then absolutely nothing vs. Post.

They haven't even put Peace in the gap between 21 Pilots and Post, it's mostly a straight clash. There is nothing else for indie fans that day after Blossoms, who they've also partially clashed with Sports Team. I also found it odd to clash The Amazons with Frank Carter just to then have Gunna clash with no one? Surely that could be swapped round.

For as long as they've taken to make sure the schedule is 'right', it's a bit all over the place.

47 minutes ago, mttJ said:

Still a week out but the best I seem to remember in recent years. Would be nice to go without a day where it absolutely shits it down.

Reading -

677a4f3382b19894f01a642333067829.png

Leeds -

677cfebe7e68ad0664bd8e0a76822cd8.png

Reading 2017 was absolutely glorious. Almost too hot though to be fair so I'd be quite happy with that forecast.

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Also, whoever's added in a secret set between King Princess and Nav is incredibly wishful thinking. They'd have to be on 10 minutes after King Princess and Nav on 10 minutes after them.

lol i suggested it but didn’t put it on, they’d have to squeeze up the other acts’ gaps to fit it in

31 minutes ago, Quorn said:

lol i suggested it but didn’t put it on, they’d have to squeeze up the other acts’ gaps to fit it in

Yeah I just saw the clashfinder and thought someone’s got a bit carried away haha. 

On another note, Roddy Ricch has been arrested for alleged domestic violence so let’s see if he’ll have to drop out.

3 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Yes it's like they have given up on the Pit/Lock up stage this year. Like many on here, I enjoy spending lots of time at this stage throughout the weekend but it's pretty uninspiring this year and will be spending more time at the main stage for once. 

Would be better reverting back to two days with full programme?

They should bring Mike Davies back

• Upvote 2

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the last year for The Pit stage if I'm honest, it's gone downhill year by year feels like little effort has gone into it and it's going away quietly. Which is a shame as I've gone into loads of bands who have played The Pit in previous years. 

My lineup would have been for this year (I'm very bored) 

Pit: Ghostemane, Carpenter Brut, Ho9909, Daughters, Knocked Loose, Venom Prison, Employed To Serve, Lotus Eater, Jesus Piece

Lock Up: The Distillers, Every Time I Die, Basement, The Interrupters, Frank Iero, Drug Church, Higher Power, Single Mothers, Pagan, Black Futures 

Lock Up: Idles, The Story So Far, Cancer Bats, PUP, Culture Abuse, Dinosaur Pile Up, Amyl & The Sniffers, Touts, Penghsui, Heavy Lungs

Secret Set: Enter Shikari

Edited by Alex Winstone

5 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Yes it's like they have given up on the Pit/Lock up stage this year. Like many on here, I enjoy spending lots of time at this stage throughout the weekend but it's pretty uninspiring this year and will be spending more time at the main stage for once. 

Would be better reverting back to two days with full programme?

I was thinking that - with the lack of consideration they're giving those stages - they could genuinely condense Dance, 1xtra and The Pit into one stage again but it'd probably have to be two days Dance (which also featured rappers back in the day) and one day Pit.

4 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Or better still book bands like Boston Manor, Milk Teeth on the Pit Stage instead?

Milk Teeth will only get a small crowd at 12 on the Friday at Leeds on the main stage. 

Milk Teeth are always on the Pit. Can't keep them off it. It's pretty natural that a band gets a bump up like that but god damn do they need to book fewer acts on main if everyone's getting about 30 mins as a result of a poorly attended midday band.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alex Winstone said:

Wouldn't be surprised if this is the last year for The Pit stage if I'm honest, it's gone downhill year by year feels like little effort has gone into it and it's going away quietly. Which is a shame as I've gone into loads of bands who have played The Pit in previous years. 

My lineup would have been for this year (I'm very bored) 

Pit: Ghostemane, Carpenter Brut, Ho9909, Daughters, Knocked Loose, Venom Prison, Employed To Serve, Lotus Eater, Jesus Piece

Lock Up: The Distillers, Every Time I Die, Basement, The Interrupters, Frank Iero, Drug Church, Higher Power, Single Mothers, Pagan, Black Futures 

Lock Up: Idles, The Story So Far, Cancer Bats, PUP, Culture Abuse, Dinosaur Pile Up, Amyl & The Sniffers, Touts, Penghsui, Heavy Lungs

Secret Set: Enter Shikari

That tent is way too small for The Distillers and IDLES.

Tbf my days are quite stacked, atm looks like :

Friday:

Bloxx>Ocean Alley>Mini Mansions>The Night Cafe>You Me At Six>Prospa>The Wombats>Royal Blood>Fisher>The 1975

Saturday:

Counterfeit>Pip Blom>Queen Zee>Boston Manor>Slowthai>AJ Tracey>The Japanese House>Crucast>Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals>Sports Team>Saint JHN>Twenty One Pilots>Octavian>Andy C

Sunday:

Vistas>Everyone You Know>Enter Shikari>Lil Uzi Vert>The Amazons>Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes>Fidlar>Enter Shikari>Sundara Karma>Chvrches>Foo Fighters

Happy with that.

Edited by TheWaters

I don't see Idles being there. They're top billing at Shambala Festival on the Friday, so could only do the Saturday at Reading and Sunday at Leeds. No space for them there - that gap on R1 on Sat definitely won't be a secret set. Not a chance a band is having a 10 minute turnaround either side.

Edited by JSmurphy

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

Where have you seen the splits? I'd been waiting to find out what day IDLES were playing there but everything still seems unconfirmed.

Set times are on the app and the clashfinder has been updated. There are a couple of noticeable gaps (Reading FR on Fri, Pit on Sun) that look like secret sets but no real rumours yet.

Doesn’t sound like IDLES can fit into either gap though 

34 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

can’t believe there’s not gonna be a big one but if IDLES come and perform i wont care 

It’s not like it’s always the case. Yeah they’ve been a couple of big ones last couple of years, but as recent as 2016 the only secret set was YM@6 on the Pit. 2014 was just Jamie T on FR