2019 festival

Only looking at Leeds, it looks like there's still a bit of tidying up to do e.g. the app shows an unusually long set on Dance for Jaguar Skills.  Looks like they've rushed it out a bit, and they haven't included the Alternative stage at all.

Closing down FR/Pit early on the Sunday so that the only choices are Post Malone / Andy C / Mura Masa is a strange move.

31 minutes ago, WFD said:

Only looking at Leeds, it looks like there's still a bit of tidying up to do e.g. the app shows an unusually long set on Dance for Jaguar Skills.  Looks like they've rushed it out a bit, and they haven't included the Alternative stage at all.

Closing down FR/Pit early on the Sunday so that the only choices are Post Malone / Andy C / Mura Masa is a strange move.

Yeah, the alternatives to Post Malone were looking grim before i was aware of the plan to close the FR/Pit early, looking worse now.

Edited by rivalschools.price

31 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Can someone summarise what times and places the secret sets are looking like for both sites? 

READING

Friday
FR Stage: 17:00-17:30 (Frank Turner?)
1Xtra Stage: 16:10-16:40
Introducing Stage: 14:45-15:15 (Circa Waves?)

Saturday
Introducing Stage: 13:10-13:40 + 14:45-15:15 (Blossoms?)

Sunday
The Pit: 16:10-16:55 (Idles?)
Introducing Stage: 11:50-12:15 + 14:45-15:15 (Enter Shikari acoustic, Sundara Karma?)

Edited by Newjem

The fact that the three headliners i’d happily watch Saturday reading all finish early (Ghostemane, Octavian and Peace) really annoys me. Left with Post Malone who’s w*nk, Mura Masa who is bang average and Andy C. Andy C is good don’t get me wrong I’ll probably watch him but Jesus Christ that’s really annoyed me.

Second half of the Shikar headline clashing with first half of Sundara is also annoying but I can cope with that.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

The more I think about it the more baffled I am about them having Peace close the FR stage early. I can’t see any reason for it, they surely aren’t going to have much of a fan crossover with Post or Mura Masa. Is it just because they want a bigger crowd for Post?

It's certainly a strange one. I can't remember them ever closing that stage early before, and that night seems like the least opportune time to do so. I don't think they need to worry about Peace dragging people away from Post!