2019 festival

3 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

I realise it must be from a generally accepted good source but where/who is this screenshot from?

The admin of the Enter Shikari official Facebook group. Can’t remember exactly who runs it but I believe it’s Ian (their manager) and someone else. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Idkaname said:

Does anyone know if the early bird actually opens at 18:00pm? I'm hearing different people saying it's midday but it says 18:00 to stagger people in

I can only speak for Leeds, they always advertise that the doors open at 2pm but they always cave and open early. I got into Leeds at 10am last year. I think they say that just so everyone doesn't come at the crack of dawn.

13 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

At this rate we’ll just have to turn up at the Lockup tent on the day and see who’s playing.Haha.

I think that’s it for that stage. Shikari won’t be clashing with Foos so it’ll be ending early that day. I would wager that Ghostemane will finish early too. The only additions will be secret sets if they’re happening. Have any acts ever been announced as little as two weeks before the festival? 

Yeah the amount they've posted advertising literally everything else I'm assuming there's nothing else to be announced. Seems really odd if even Dan Carter is saying he's at least booked Frank Iero and they aren't announced, honestly don't see the point in them being a secret act when everyone knows they're touring right after.

Saturday Pit stage is so poor, it'll be dead all day unless they've got a decent secret act on there.

@Andre91 I want to say they had a late announcement either last year or 2017 but I think someone pulled out.

Edited by Jericode

1 hour ago, Alex Winstone said:

When is the final acts being announced? 

I've been wondering this for weeks. There's usually a big final announcement at the beginning of July.

The Pit/Lock Up is 2-3 bands down each day on last year, not sure about other stages.

They might just give them longer set times, but that seems a bit cheap of them.

46 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The only additions will be secret sets if they’re happening. Have any acts ever been announced as little as two weeks before the festival? 

My money is on Dinosaur Pile up for the pit.

Frank Turner is playing a small show in Kingston on the Friday,  could do a Radio 1 secret set.....

2 minutes ago, m4tt said:

My money is on Dinosaur Pile up for the pit.

Frank Turner is playing a small show in Kingston on the Friday,  could do a Radio 1 secret set.....

I'm supried Dinosaur Pile up are not playing this year, if there is a secret set on the pit I wouldn't be surprised if its the Cancer Bats they are over here now playing boomtown and are playing London on the 22nd 

7 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

they announced N.E.R.D so stupidly late last year meaning no one who didn’t already know about them cared. definitely suffered because of it, can only imagine it’d be worse for undercard bands

Yeah I agree,

That was an odd choice to announce them so late as they would have been a ticket seller. The atmosphere definitely suffered as a result for their performance which was a massive shame.

24 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

they announced N.E.R.D so stupidly late last year meaning no one who didn’t already know about them cared. definitely suffered because of it, can only imagine it’d be worse for undercard bands

Yeah, the Monday after the festival we’ll all be talking about how empty the Pit and the Lock up is but i don’t think they give those stages a chance.

• Upvote 1