2019 festival

17 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Will any clues be given for the secret sets before the festival?

It’s usually a band not currently touring who are set to bring out a new album and tour after the festival, so Kasabian are a good shout.

Catfish have already brought their album out and toured so possibly not (although I know a lot of people on this forum think it might be them)

Think Liam is ok arrogant to not have his name on a lineup up poster if he were to be playing at all.

I think Biffy have got a new album coming out so possibly?

Not sure about IDLES (but would love them) or Kaiser Chiefs (no thank you) but Gerry has got a new album coming out and that’d be a popular choice with the standard Reading crowd surely? (Me included)

I reckon it’ll be Kasabian, they’d go off in that Radio 1 tent.

Edited by Jack.194

2 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Think Liam is ok arrogant to not have his name on a lineup up poster if he were to be playing at all.

He did one at Latitude a couple years back though so I reckon he’s possible.

i had my money on Catfish and Idles for the big and the mid sized sets but after this Kasabian stuff I’d be tempted to say them.

1 minute ago, SemiSweet said:

Basically taken straight from the clash finder which is made by people on here. Set times are just guesses on there. Nothing solid till officially released by the fest in the week leading up to it.

Edited by TheWaters

5 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Basically taken straight from the clash finder which is made by people on here. Set times are just guesses on there. Nothing solid till officially released by the fest in the week leading up to it.

Aye fair enough. Shoulda have figured the same really.

This explains the lack of bands for the Pit on Sunday atleast. Going to end well early if Foos have 3 hours like the website says. 

Also 2 sets worth of completely different Shikari songs meaning we’ll deffo get some rarities? Yes please.

7D639EBA-3108-4BEE-B0AD-A74EA1F217B9.jpeg

Edited by TheWaters

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

This explains the lack of bands for the Pit on Sunday atleast. Going to end well early if Foos have 3 hours like the website says. 

Also 2 sets worth of completely different Shikari songs meaning we’ll deffo get some rarities? Yes please.

Are they definitely “headlining” the stage though, could they have them on earlier on and fidlar later still? Bc there are still pit bands tba 

9 minutes ago, somethingpersonal said:

Are they definitely “headlining” the stage though, could they have them on earlier on and fidlar later still? Bc there are still pit bands tba 

When I've spoke to Rou he's made it out like they're headlining and I don't see why they'd be headline slot on the poster if they aren't. They're definitely closing it.

Yeah are there tba acts on that stage for the day or is it just ending super early to save bands having tiny crowds up against Foos though? That could be the case tbf. Just had a look and even if Shikari were to finish at 8 and Foos have there three hours there's still room for a couple more bands on the pit that day.

Edited by TheWaters

3 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

13 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

When I've spoke to Rou he's made it out like they're headlining and I don't see why they'd be headline slot on the poster if they aren't. They're definitely closing it.

Yeah are there tba acts on that stage for the day or is it just ending super early to save bands having tiny crowds up against Foos though? That could be the case tbf. Just had a look and even if Shikari were to finish at 8 and Foos have there three hours there's still room for a couple more bands on the pit that day.

I didn’t even notice they were on the poster for the pit now haha. That’s true, we know there’s definitely, or there seems to be, some for at least the other days, because frank iero’s band is meant to be playing (unless he’s a secret set). But the poster still says more TBA at the bottom anyway 

Edited by somethingpersonal

3 hours ago, Idkaname said:

Does anyone know if the early bird actually opens at 18:00pm? I'm hearing different people saying it's midday but it says 18:00 to stagger people in

I believe it normally opens much earlier, basically when they're ready. You should go not expecting to potentially not get in before 1800 though

Edited by Benj
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I realise it must be from a generally accepted good source but where/who is this screenshot from?