2019 festival

On 7/31/2019 at 4:38 PM, rivalschools.price said:

Someone said that last year they didn’t complete the Pit/Lock up until August 1st, the BBC introducing stage announced the same time.

Obviously BBC introducing has already been announced so it won’t be the same as last year haha

Well an August 1st announcement for the Pit doesn’t look like it’s happening, ha ha.

2 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, I know that. 

It just seems each announcement is geared towards giving the ticket sales a boost rather than actually letting customers who have already got a ticket know who is playing.

Its 3 weeks till the fest - chill out probably next weekend

On 8/1/2019 at 6:55 AM, ob123 said:

Black Bull by Foals is released tonight and I can guarantee that’ll be a better single than ‘Once’ lmao

hahahah, just listened to 'Once' for the first time - Horrific, dull dad rock of the worst kind and when shown like this, god, what terrible lyrics - 

Im loving this whole 'Dark Fruits' thing, as an old fart (42) so potentially I suspect a borderline dark fruiter, just to be sure Im going to use it correctly, is it people who are basically into Liam Gallagher, Cold Play etc, who camp at the main stage all day, turning their nose up at FRank Carter as he's not on Radio 2 a load and hate all 'The Rap'?

Edited by Benj

5 minutes ago, Benj said:

Im loving this whole 'Dark Fruits' thing, as an old fart (42) so potentially I suspect a borderline dark fruiter, just to be sure Im going to use it correctly, is it people who are basically into Liam Gallagher, Cold Play etc, who camp at the main stage all day, turning their nose up at FRank Carter as he's not on Radio 2 a load and hate all 'The Rap'?

Dark Fruit twitter is:

People who are wholly obsessed with The Stone Roses/Oasis/Courteeners/DMA’s/Gerry Cinnamon etc,etc

Constantly complain that current music is shite and everyone should listen to alt rock from the 90’s

Wear Bucket Hats and shades constantly

The Urban Dictionary goes into more detail but that’s the general gist of it:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=strongbow+dark+fruits&amp=true

Edited by TKOCF
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MMC said:

Does anyone know if you can camp on a day ticket at Leeds? 

Yep - I've never seen wristbands checked from the way into the campsites from the arena, far too many people. Once you're in the campsites you won't be able to get back into the arena the day after obviously. 

5 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Yep - I've never seen wristbands checked from the way into the campsites from the arena, far too many people. Once you're in the campsites you won't be able to get back into the arena the day after obviously. 

I'd say the exception to this is Brown camp, which is much quieter and has more of a controllable entrance - last year we got checked a couple of times going back last thing at night, so as long as they avoid Brown then should be ok.

Just now, WFD said:

I'd say the exception to this is Brown camp, which is much quieter and has more of a controllable entrance - last year we got checked a couple of times going back last thing at night, so as long as they avoid Brown then should be ok.

Oh yeah that's a good point - probably goes for White camp at Reading too as that's separated from the rest. 

50 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Cheers that’s what I thought I’ve been before but this is the first time not doing the weekend thanks 

The Dark Fruits lot are the male equivalent of Fiat 500 Twitter. The types who wear bucket hats and think that the Courteeners are the best band in the world and that their music taste is really varied because they also love house. They complain that they can’t understand how people can go on a night out and not spend £100 (it’s because not everyone buys a bag of gear to go to spoons followed by some shitty £1 vodka red bull club). 

Essentially, half of Leeds Festival’s attendees these days. 

3 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Dark Fruit twitter is:

People who are wholly obsessed with The Stone Roses/Oasis/Courteeners/DMA’s/Gerry Cinnamon etc,etc

Constantly complain that current music is shite and everyone should listen to alt rock from the 90’s

Wear Bucket Hats and shades constantly

The Urban Dictionary goes into more detail but that’s the general gist of it:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=strongbow+dark+fruits&amp=true

hahah brillianr