2019 festival

Still not see why we're even considering Slipknot - why bother when you could just get Liam Gallagher who would be cheaper and has songs that people who like all genres know a few of or someone along those lines. He's sold a O2 date out and announced another too along with other tour stuff so is definitely big enough to a co, if not a solo headline honestly as if the second o2 date sells out that matches the 1975 plus he's massive at Leeds which always struggles with sales.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Still not see why we're even considering Slipknot - why bother when you could just get Liam Gallagher who would be cheaper and has songs that people who like all genres know a few of or someone along those lines. He's sold a O2 date out and announced another too along with other tour stuff so is definitely big enough to a co, if not a solo headline honestly as if the second o2 date sells out that matches the 1975 plus he's massive at Leeds which always struggles with sales.

if it’s Gallagher we riot

• Like 1

Honestly I can't see R&L having a metal headliner ever again apart from BMTH who aren't even a metal band anymore. Metallica might get one last go of it too. I think Slipknot's best chance of headlining R&L was probably around 2008-2011 when their music was more Accessible and radio friendly. The festival is definitely moving away from heavy bands at the top of the bill.

38 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

The world should just ignore both Gallaghers now and hopefully they go away.

Liam headlining would be so poor. Yeah, it’d please a load of people but they’d all only be waiting around for the 30 minutes of Oasis songs. 

Liam's solo stuff is very popular and also excellent, he's just released what a lot of people are saying is one of the songs of the last couple of years (once), and then you have Noel, his latest stuff isn't for everyone but he is doing something different and pushing the boat out and experimenting. People don't want Liam because he's doing the same thing over and over, but you also don't want Noel when he's doing the opposite?

Liam would smash it, I saw him headline both parklife and benicassim last summer and he killed it both times. He did a great glasto slot too just gone. After seeing the direction the festival is going lately with more pop headliners there would be a lot of happy people if Liam was top of the bill next year. He is huge right now and his voice is sounding incredible.

Edited by thelemon

1 hour ago, thelemon said:

Liam's solo stuff is very popular and also excellent, he's just released what a lot of people are saying is one of the songs of the last couple of years (once), and then you have Noel, his latest stuff isn't for everyone but he is doing something different and pushing the boat out and experimenting. People don't want Liam because he's doing the same thing over and over, but you also don't want Noel when he's doing the opposite?

Liam would smash it, I saw him headline both parklife and benicassim last summer and he killed it both times. He did a great glasto slot too just gone. After seeing the direction the festival is going lately with more pop headliners there would be a lot of happy people if Liam was top of the bill next year. He is huge right now and his voice is sounding incredible.

Well, all of Liam’s live videos I’ve seen consist of the crowd being static for his own stuff apart from Wall of Glass. They go nuts for the Oasis stuff because that’s all they’re waiting for. He sounded bum at Glastonbury. Really, really bum. The ‘best song’ thing is a non-point, really. I think that The Menzingers have recently released one of the best songs of the past several years. It doesn’t mean anything. 

Noel makes music for people who buy their albums from Tesco. He’s in the same bracket as Snow Patrol and the Stereophonics. Thankfully, he isn’t big enough to be discussed as a potential headliner.

I wouldn’t be surprised by Liam headlining whatsoever and I do think that he is probably big enough to do it. I just think that it would be a really dull booking and performance. 

Slipknot on the other hand :ninja: 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 2

Liam Gallagher is boring. His glasto set was one of the most boring and horrific sets I’ve seen, his vocals were pretty dreadful. His music is popular amongst the dark fruits gang who still want Stone Roses and Gerry Cinnamon to headline Reading and Leeds. 

Give me a Foals, Slipknot, BMTH or even The Killers over Liam any day. 

• Upvote 2

I honestly don’t know what people see in a Liam, I like a few Oasis songs and saw him at Reading 17 but his voice was diabolical, didn’t bother seeing him at Glasto this year.

On top of that, for someone with a horrible voice, who can barely sing in time to a number of songs, and who’s brother is massively responsible for his fame, he’s far too arrogant.

• Upvote 1

Well anyone doubting LG's vocals should go check out his recent piano sessions for radio 1, but tbh it's not even really about that it's what the songs mean to people and the feeling, tone etc in his voice. It's like the roses, one of the best gigs I've ever been to even though Ian brown slaughtered pretty much every song vocally. Doesn't matter at the end of the day.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Well anyone doubting LG's vocals should go check out his recent piano sessions for radio 1, but tbh it's not even really about that it's what the songs mean to people and the feeling, tone etc in his voice. It's like the roses, one of the best gigs I've ever been to even though Ian brown slaughtered pretty much every song vocally. Doesn't matter at the end of the day.

It does matter. 

1 hour ago, thelemon said:

I get that, it’s just the fact some fans hold him to a god-like status and refuse to criticise his vocals, I know you get blindly devoted fans for every act but they seem to be more prevalent for LG. 

Can’t deny I wouldn’t swoon over an Oasis reunion though.