2019 festival

Could you guys even imagine the reaction from Fiat 500 & Dark Fruits Twitter if Slipknot were announced as solo headliners? To most people they’re known as the scary metal band. 

I think that’s why a Slipknot coheadline could work, maybe with someone more mainstream like Travis Scott, or Cardi B. 

Edited by TKOCF

21 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Could you guys even imagine the reaction from Fiat 500 & Dark Fruits Twitter if Slipknot were announced as solo headliners? To most people they’re known as the scary metal band. 

I think that’s why a Slipknot coheadline could work, maybe with someone more mainstream like Travis Scott, or Cardi B. 

Why would that make the reaction any better? Slipknot wouldn’t co-headline with anybody. They’re far too big for that. Have Travis Scott or Cardi B on another night. If Slipknot were booked, I think they’d do what they’ve done with the Foos day this year and cater it more towards the heavier music fans’ tastes. 

At least Slipknot are well known; they have that going for them at R&L. Like you said, you can guarantee that loads of R&L’s audience will know them as ‘that band who wear masks.’ At least people are aware of them. It’s not like a band like Avenged Sevenfold are being spoken about as possible headliners. Slipknot are the biggest metal band post-Metallica. 

You’ve also got to remember that not everybody at R&L is an 16-18 year old school leaver and there will be plenty of older people who are well aware of Slipknot and who are fans of them. Just make sure there are plenty of other options on other stages (like there always is) to appease those who aren’t interested in them. 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Why would that make the reaction any better? Slipknot wouldn’t co-headline with anybody. They’re far too big for that. Have Travis Scott or Cardi B on another night. If Slipknot were booked, I think they’d do what they’ve done with the Foos day this year and cater it more towards the heavier music fans’ tastes. 

At least Slipknot are well known; they have that going for them at R&L. Like you said, you can guarantee that loads of R&L’s audience will know them as ‘that band who wear masks.’ At least people are aware of them. It’s not like a band like Avenged Sevenfold are being spoken about as possible headliners. Slipknot are the biggest metal band post-Metallica. 

You’ve also got to remember that not everybody at R&L is an 16-18 year old school leaver and there will be plenty of older people who are well aware of Slipknot and who are fans of them. Just make sure there are plenty of other options on other stages (like there always is) to appease those who aren’t interested in them. 

Slipknot are the biggest metal band after Metallica and Maiden.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Slipknot are the biggest metal band after Metallica and Maiden.

That’s why I said they’re the biggest metal band post-Metallica* :lol: 

*that means they emerged after Metallica did :ninja:  

Edited by Andre91

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

You’ve also got to remember that not everybody at R&L is an 16-18 year old school leaver. 

Feels like it sometimes.

but I see what you mean, I certainly think it would be a risky headline booking, and they’d smash it. I suppose a decent undercard would make it make sense. 

40 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

What could a slipknot day look like? I'm thinking

Slipknot//Pendulum//Pakrkway Drive//Architects//Denzel Curry// While She Sleeps// FIDLAR// Black Peaks// Puppy

Slipknot / Tyler, the Creator / Architects / While She Sleeps  / Neck Deep / scarlxrd / I Prevail / Blood Youth / Dream State 

Let’s go. 

Probably put Slaves in WSS position tbh to make it more realistic :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

That’s why I said they’re the biggest metal band post-Metallica* :lol: 

*that means they emerged after Metallica did :ninja:  

Yeah I was thinking after at the time and yes I know what it means lol.

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

Slipknot / Tyler, the Creator / Architects / While She Sleeps  / Neck Deep / scarlxrd / I Prevail / Blood Youth / Dream State 

Let’s go. 

Probably put Slaves in WSS position tbh to make it more realistic :lol: 

See as a Reading attendee for heavier day last year and I plan to be this year I just wouldn't touch that.

Am I being soft or does it not say who's playing each day on that? Because it says Saturday and Sunday for Leeds, so does that mean either Mystery Jets or Let's Eat Grandma are playing the Saturday? I've been after someone to watch instead of the 1975. I like a couple of Dave songs but one of them two would be a great option for me and my group

EDIT: Just checked Mystery Jets twitter and it says they're closing the stage on Saturday, hopefully that means regular headliner time not earlier/later, assuming LEG could be Sunday headliner then, shame because I've followed them since their first record but I would have to watch peace over them

Edited by thelemon

12 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Am I being soft or does it not say who's playing each day on that? Because it says Saturday and Sunday for Leeds, so does that mean either Mystery Jets or Let's Eat Grandma are playing the Saturday? I've been after someone to watch instead of the 1975. I like a couple of Dave songs but one of them two would be a great option for me and my group

EDIT: Just checked Mystery Jets twitter and it says they're closing the stage on Saturday, hopefully that means regular headliner time not earlier/later, assuming LEG could be Sunday headliner then, shame because I've followed them since their first record but I would have to watch peace over them

The Transgressive line-up is after the other stages have closed, it's part of the late night line-up (at Leeds anyway, not sure how it works at Reading) - so there won't be any clash with 1975, Peace etc.

LEG are playing at Headrow House in Leeds on the Sunday, it's an event with several acts on (e.g. Self Esteem), and they seem to be the headliner so either they are playing very late on the Sunday night (to get there after they've finished their slot in the city centre) or they are playing Saturday night and staying in Leeds.  If that's correct about Mystery Jets playing the Saturday, then it would seem to fit better having LEG on the Sunday.

5 hours ago, Jericode said:

Honestly starting to think they're just ending the Pit early every day, I can't think of any other reason to have held back 3-4 bands on the stage each day at this point.

Someone said that last year they didn’t complete the Pit/Lock up until August 1st, the BBC introducing stage announced the same time.

Obviously BBC introducing has already been announced so it won’t be the same as last year haha

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

What was the ‘heavy’ day last year? 

well i'd say the kendrick day but it was a mix which is what I enjoyed. sum 41, skindred, deaf havana, pendulum, trash boat and it was a pretty heavy pit top lot too. with pendulum though you had the dancey crossover...it was all just singled out heavy.