2019 festival

48 minutes ago, lexiins said:

this is my first year at Reading, and I was wondering if anyone knew how far is the parking to the camping and from the camping to the arena (approx.)?

Depends where you camp for camping to Arena - unless your in white over the bridge its not more than 10-15 minutes. The closest campsites are literally 100m from the arena entrance.

37 minutes ago, gfa said:

Depends where you camp for camping to Arena - unless your in white over the bridge its not more than 10-15 minutes. The closest campsites are literally 100m from the arena entrance.

He's asking about parking not the arena. The nearest car park is a boat ride away these days isn't it.

I remember when were able to camp about a 3 minute walk away. *pines for 1999*

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Listened to both just now and I am genuinely quite surprised it’s not just same old Royal Blood. Not a million miles away, granted, but they’ve done well to change things up a bit.

Sounds like the same old one trick pony stuff to me.

First time I saw them Reading 2014 thought they were ace. Looking forward to the mainstage show in 2015. BORING. One and done band for me. I shall be at Pup

1 hour ago, Benj said:

He's asking about parking not the arena. The nearest car park is a boat ride away these days isn't it.

I remember when were able to camp about a 3 minute walk away. *pines for 1999*

'and from the camping to the arena approx' part i was answering. Wasn't really a very clear sentence to be honest but did no harm.

2 hours ago, gfa said:

'and from the camping to the arena approx' part i was answering. Wasn't really a very clear sentence to be honest but did no harm.

Apologies missed that.

Your answer is very correct then, anything from 1 minute to 30 mins depending on where exactly you camp!

Edited by Benj

3 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Random question and I know this isn’t reading/Leeds related per se but as it’s only a month away I wanted to make sure I’ve got everything. Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive packing list on here? I had a quick look and couldn’t see anything. 

Tent, sleeping bag, clean underwear and cash. Toothbrush and toothpaste too. 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

Random question and I know this isn’t reading/Leeds related per se but as it’s only a month away I wanted to make sure I’ve got everything. Does anyone know if there is a comprehensive packing list on here? I had a quick look and couldn’t see anything. 

My tip is to pack everything you think you’ll need, then leave about 30% behind cos you won't need as much as you think.

(this works the opposite with money)

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Billie should have been swapped with Blossoms.

Not sorry bout it. She’l get the biggest crowd of the day.

blossoms in the tent at leeds funny joke

7 hours ago, gfa said:

blossoms in the tent at leeds funny joke

Massive damp squib at Reading.. No-one gave a fuck last time they turned upand what have they done since?'

Gutted that teh Billie Eilish thing means Pvris wont clash against them anymore, so so dull

• Downvote 1

I haven’t camped at reading before and was wondering about silent disco’s? I know there’s a a couple (could be wrong)? But are they all rap/edm etc. now or is there normally one better suited for rock music/a sing along? 

Also are the silent disco’s etc. normally on the clashfinder bc I tried to google it but couldn’t find much 

9 hours ago, somethingpersonal said:

I haven’t camped at reading before and was wondering about silent disco’s? I know there’s a a couple (could be wrong)? But are they all rap/edm etc. now or is there normally one better suited for rock music/a sing along? 

Also are the silent disco’s etc. normally on the clashfinder bc I tried to google it but couldn’t find much 

There's two channels and you constantly switch between. Theres some rap but last year one of the channels basically always had indie on/ pop classics

9 hours ago, somethingpersonal said:

9 minutes ago, gfa said:

There's two channels and you constantly switch between. Theres some rap but last year one of the channels basically always had indie on/ pop classics

This. Also it’s from about 22:30-04:00 when the live music stops.  I believe there’s 2 on site at reading. 

3 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

This. Also it’s from about 22:30-04:00 when the live music stops.  I believe there’s 2 on site at reading. 

Ended at like 2am. There is two of them one at the back of Orange and then one the over way sort of near the festival republic tent/pit

2 minutes ago, VCK said:

They've not really gotten any bigger since they played in 2017.

This. And they were poor in 2017. Don’t want to slag them off too much because I’m actually a fan and seen them a few times at their own gig but wasn’t great at Reading, they don’t suit outdoor gigs. Going to be even worse this year between Anderson.paak and TOP. Nobody is going to be that interested. 

If they would have been headlining the tent I would be really excited to see them but on the main stage I reckon it will be quite dull. 

1 minute ago, BeddingatReading said:

This. And they were poor in 2017. Don’t want to slag them off too much because I’m actually a fan and seen them a few times at their own gig but wasn’t great at Reading, they don’t suit outdoor gigs. Going to be even worse this year between Anderson.paak and TOP. Nobody is going to be that interested. 

If they would have been headlining the tent I would be really excited to see them but on the main stage I reckon it will be quite dull. 

They're just gonna be another Vaccines. Playing 3rd every time on the back of one fairly successful album.

6 minutes ago, VCK said:

They're just gonna be another Vaccines. Playing 3rd every time on the back of one fairly successful album.

Vaccines, Blossoms, TDCC, Kooks and probably quite a few other indie bands could fill those spots quite comfortably for years never going higher, easy booking for R&L. Just rotate every year with an album with R&L third down then headlining a smaller festival (community, Y Not etc)

6 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

Vaccines, Blossoms, TDCC, Kooks and probably quite a few other indie bands could fill those spots quite comfortably for years never going higher, easy booking for R&L. Just rotate every year with an album with R&L third down then headlining a smaller festival (community, Y Not etc)

I reckon the first 3 have a bit more to give - blossoms only have 2 albums so certainly may give some more and 2 of those got their big festival headline debut at community (well 45k is pretty big anyway) so will probably move to sub next time they play. Even if blossoms aren't that good live surely at leeds just because of the crowd a lot of people will want to see them so they would pack out the tent? Especially on that day where there is nothing else they'd clash with that pulls a similar crowd (21p and post) but what do i know i guess. At community this year they had a pretty sizeable crowd and don't see why they wouldn't at Reading really

13 hours ago, BeddingatReading said:

I agree mostly with VCK, indie bands if you like these days you may get a decent 1st album and then they'll just become to next whoever and be on a rotation system. You may see sub happen on the occasional time and The 1975 are a slight exception but I think they are a bit close to indie pop than indie rock.