2019 festival

3 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Homerton B is an absolute tune so was excited to see the song I sing about 20 times a day in my head live but not gonna lose any sleep over it. Especially with the circumstances

Has he actually been removed? as far as I can see he's still on the bill and he's still playing shows.

On 7/12/2019 at 7:43 AM, mallett said:

hopefully some bands from 2000 trees get announced for lock up/pit. it is looking sparse there at the minute. 

Cancer Bats are playing the Heavy Music Awards on the Thursday, I have no idea why they're not on Pit stage considering they're mates with Dan P Carter, and he curates that stage

1 hour ago, itskinglizard said:

Cancer Bats are playing the Heavy Music Awards on the Thursday, I have no idea why they're not on Pit stage considering they're mates with Dan P Carter, and he curates that stage

They desperately need someone like them on that stage this year, would be great if they were added.

On a separate note, are Cancer Bats based in the U.K. at the moment? 

They seem to be on every festival bill, they’ve got a tour in August and they have had a few tours supporting other bands.

Edited by rivalschools.price

23 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

They desperately need someone like them on that stage this year, would be great if they were added.

On a separate note, are Cancer Bats based in the U.K. at the moment? 

They seem to be on every festival bill, they’ve got a tour in August and they have had a few tours supporting other bands.

They're based in Winnipeg in Canada rn but I have my suspicions that Liam (vocals) might be based here these days, he's been doing a lot of biking in the UK and Europe and I believe he keeps one of his motorcycles at the While She Sleeps warehouse ? they've been touring the UK pretty much non stop since the comeback record, but Jaye owns a woodshop back in Canada and Scott is a producer with a studio so they're definitely not based here as a whole, but I love that they keep touring here relentlessly they're one of my favourite bands and the band that got me into heavy music

Listening to a Reading 2019 playlist on Spotify, and for some reason Liam Gllagher's "Bold" is on there, obviously he isn't on the lineup, but made me think what is the chance he does a secret set, as he has also got an album coming out in September that he will want to promote?

59 minutes ago, ModBoy said:

Listening to a Reading 2019 playlist on Spotify, and for some reason Liam Gllagher's "Bold" is on there, obviously he isn't on the lineup, but made me think what is the chance he does a secret set, as he has also got an album coming out in September that he will want to promote?

He's playing in Helsinki on the Saturday, so it would be some stretch to do both sites.

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

I'll settle for just having the rest of the Pit/Lock-Up announced tbh.

Yeah, it’s getting close to being a month away so they need to announce soon, even more evidence that the stage is way down on their priorities.

Does anyone know when the Pit/Lockup final bands were announced last year.

I asked Lotus Eater if they were playing R&L as they’re in Doncaster on the Friday with Blood Youth doing a warm up show and they said that ‘that doesn’t look like it’s going to happen’ which is disappointing as they’re one of the most exciting and hard new British bands. 

Heard that Creeper are coming back to do a secret set this year.

They announced that their last show in London in November was the last gig Creeper would ever do. I think they're gonna be coming back under a new name. New album recorded.

I've been told that they are going to do a secret set at a big UK festival, can't see where else it would be...

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

Heard that Creeper are coming back to do a secret set this year.

They announced that their last show in London in November was the last gig Creeper would ever do. I think they're gonna be coming back under a new name. New album recorded.

I've been told that they are going to do a secret set at a big UK festival, can't see where else it would be...

That’d be wonderful. They won’t change the Creeper name but I’m expecting a whole new aesthetic similar to how MCR used to do with each album cycle.