2019 festival

4 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Arguably their best album, Homesick, came out 10 years ago, so you might not have been exposed to their songs.

Do you like that sort of music? Downfall of us all is a staple song for any night out at Mosh in derby or Leicester and I've heard it played in keys club in Leeds

I'm 17 so wouldn't have been listening to much music I chose to 10 years ago but have been into metal, rock for most of my life so I was surprised I hadn't heard of them.

4 hours ago, Benj said:
5 hours ago, RGG2002 said:

Personally I haven't listened enough to judge if they're good or bad but am I the only one who had never heard of ADTR before the lineup announcement? Like genuinely never heard a single song or mention then suddenly they're subbing?

I was surprise that they were so high when first announced and had never previously listened to them properly.

Now that I have though I’m delighted they’ll get a decent set length at a decent hour as they’re ace. 

Edited 4 hours ago by Benj

They've been a big name in that particular scene for a very long time although I was surprised to see them this high up. Not because they aren't big enough, because clearly they have a very big following.

I didn't think they had an enormous amount of appeal for the general public for them to be considered a ticket seller...

I enjoy them though so I'm happy for the longer set :)

1 hour ago, bigcharlie65 said:

I think Gang Of Youths might be the final headliners announced for FR stage as they did cancel Bushstock so this would be a good reason to be in the UK at least once over summer do you guys think this is a good shout or rubbish. 

God knows, maybe. Personally I think it needs to be a band well away from Foos in style otherwise they’ll get a depressing crowd of 23. 

15 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Everyone should be listening to PUP’s ‘Morbid Stuff’ in preparation for their set. 

Back this, saw them in London in April and am seeing them in Southampton in November. Consistently great band, Morbid Stuff is one of my records of the year. 

On 7/9/2019 at 12:16 PM, JSmurphy said:

Pretty much my reaction when I see the size of the crowd at that stage over the last few years.

No wonder with the bulk of the bands being announced after everyone else so all the tickets are bought by rap, dance or indie fans (or in the case of this year, some still to be announced after the weekend has sold out)

6 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

so annoyed about Unknown T, that Homerton B tune is an absolute banger. was definitely gonna see him on Thursday night at leeds

Annoyed is an odd choice of words seeing how he, you know, stabbed somebody to death? :P 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

so annoyed about Unknown T, that Homerton B tune is an absolute banger. was definitely gonna see him on Thursday night at leeds

Aside from the murder, I saw him NYE and he is dreadful live. Not missing much.

Edited by jamieaslee
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

yeah like i said it’s a shame about homerton b, but considering he’s allegedly a murderer, i’ll move past it. It does mean however that he needs to be replaced on the Thursday night at  leeds so that will be interesting 

Allegedly? He’s been convicted :lol: