2019 festival

13 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

surely they wouldn’t do a reading only secret set, that’d proper annoy leeds goers (like myself). it’s also bizarre that a northern band (Cassia from Macclesfield) are doing Reading only

Peace did a reading only secret set last year to be fair. I can’t see them do a reading only one with the “big” secret set though. Hope not anyway.

1 hour ago, Benj said:

Where have you seen Whenyoung on the bill?

They're playing Thursday night according to the Leeds festival news page -

"Making its rightful return to Leeds is local record label Dance To The Radio who will kickstart the weekend on Thursday with their specially curated line up including Easy Life, whenyoung, Indoor Pets, BILK and DJ Jacky P performing. "

10 hours ago, SemiSweet said:

They're playing Thursday night according to the Leeds festival news page -

"Making its rightful return to Leeds is local record label Dance To The Radio who will kickstart the weekend on Thursday with their specially curated line up including Easy Life, whenyoung, Indoor Pets, BILK and DJ Jacky P performing. "

Booooooo

On 7/9/2019 at 9:45 AM, jamieaslee said:

Agree mostly and you're both not suggesting where ADTR would move to with all of this?

Well on mine I had ADTR moved down below Royal blood since they're a bigger band, would be better like that since RB are gonna appeal to the casual rock fans who want to get close to Foos but aren't arsed about turning up any earlier than the sub, ADTR don't have loads of mainstream appeal so thought they'd be decent as a 3rd down, I mean they're a weak sub if you think about it even if you like them

On 7/9/2019 at 8:44 PM, Tom Connolly said:

surely they wouldn’t do a reading only secret set, that’d proper annoy leeds goers (like myself). it’s also bizarre that a northern band (Cassia from Macclesfield) are doing Reading only

Am well annoyed at cassia ngl haha, would've thought they'd be nailed on for Leeds they're pretty big up here, especially around greater Manchester and Cheshire where I'm based, which is to be expected given they're macc based originally. Come on announce them at Leeds too, their record was class and I've yet to see them live

Still am buzzing for whenyoung on the Thursday

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Tom Connolly said:

fingers crossed ADTR are crossed off the lineup and replaced with a better sub because they’re rubbish

Personally I haven't listened enough to judge if they're good or bad but am I the only one who had never heard of ADTR before the lineup announcement? Like genuinely never heard a single song or mention then suddenly they're subbing?

23 minutes ago, RGG2002 said:

Personally I haven't listened enough to judge if they're good or bad but am I the only one who had never heard of ADTR before the lineup announcement? Like genuinely never heard a single song or mention then suddenly they're subbing?

How old are you if you don't mind me asking?

Arguably their best album, Homesick, came out 10 years ago, so you might not have been exposed to their songs.

Do you like that sort of music? Downfall of us all is a staple song for any night out at Mosh in derby or Leicester and I've heard it played in keys club in Leeds

Edited by jamieaslee

3 hours ago, mallett said:

hopefully some bands from 2000 trees get announced for lock up/pit. it is looking sparse there at the minute. 

Brutus and A (for us old folk (no pun originally intended but I’ll take it now I’ve realised it!) would be great, although no doubt at this stage would cause some nasty clashes

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, RGG2002 said:

I was surprise that they were so high when first announced and had never previously listened to them properly.

Now that I have though I’m delighted they’ll get a decent set length at a decent hour as they’re ace. 

Edited by Benj