2019 festival

3 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Very glad to see Vistas appear, easily one of my favourite up and coming bands atm. 

Good to see TPD back too, their Piccadilly set was rammed last year. 

Absolutely buzzing with vistas being added to the Sunday, looking like an unreal day already. Such a good band to start the day with 

5 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Very happy to see Vistas on there. Class upcoming band.

Bit gutted to see Easy Life only being at Leeds though... Really don’t see why 5 acts play at Leeds but not Reading? Especially when Reading is the bigger of the two? 

Because Leeds has a (small) stage with bands playing on the Thursday, and Reading doesn't.

2 minutes ago, WFD said:

Because Leeds has a (small) stage with bands playing on the Thursday, and Reading doesn't.

Probably to try and entice more sales at Leeds, along with the nightlife, but I know the licenses must make a difference too. Never been to Reading, but hear it's in quite a built up area?

Just now, jamieaslee said:

Probably to try and entice more sales at Leeds, along with the nightlife, but I know the licenses must make a difference too. Never been to Reading, but hear it's in quite a built up area?

I think it is a licensing issue. Reading used to do something at the Rivermead but think that may have stopped due to licensing.

On 7/7/2019 at 9:30 AM, dum surfer said:

Brockhampton don’t appeal to chavs tho

I still don’t get how this band are seen as slightly credible. They’re only slightly less boybandy than One Direction

3 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Well appy with TPD being added, probs the best set at Picadilly last year, wish more DJs would just play bangers instead of EDM

I’ve just checked them out on YouTube and seen some of the DJ sets they have done in the past. I’m now looking forward to Piccadilly again for the first time in a couple of years. 

6 hours ago, Jericode said:

I'm surprised the Pit/Lock-Up is still so bare.

Surely shutting early on Foos day.

edit: also 11 R1 stage bands per day at Leeds and 12 for two of the days at Reading. What’s the betting that Reading Friday has a ‘Reading only’ secret set and Leeds gets diddly squat?

Edited by dentalplan

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Surely shutting early on Foos day.

edit: also 11 R1 stage bands per day at Leeds and 12 for two of the days at Reading. What’s the betting that Reading Friday has a ‘Reading only’ secret set and Leeds gets diddly squat?

Might well be but it's still 3-4 bands short compared to each day last year, figured they'd have announced the rest of it by now.

And a Reading only secret set on R1 wouldn't shock me (please be Biffy)

Vistas opening the FR is a mad addition. A lot more names I’m familiar with on the introducing stage this year - maybe it’s just me. Would’ve loved to see Indoor Pets over the weekend but hey ho.

Nice to see they didn’t have to pull a fake sellout this year lol