2019 festival

Billie is good in the tent I think. Brockhampton packed it out and let's be read it wouldn't have been half as good on main stage and had a way more violent crowd and nobody died or anything, Billie Eilish will be fine ?

21 minutes ago, gfa said:

Billie is good in the tent I think. Brockhampton packed it out and let's be read it wouldn't have been half as good on main stage and had a way more violent crowd and nobody died or anything, Billie Eilish will be fine ?

Brockhampton are nowhere near as big as Billie Eilish. If they packed it out think how ridiculous it’s gonna be for Billie, i can’t see it being dangerous but it’ll be absolutely packed in like sardines, you won’t be able to move

11 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

Brockhampton are nowhere near as big as Billie Eilish. If they packed it out think how ridiculous it’s gonna be for Billie, i can’t see it being dangerous but it’ll be absolutely packed in like sardines, you won’t be able to move

Yes but its not like the billie crowd is going to be moshing and like full of chavs is it? Have i missed something or isn't it just going to be a ton of people holding their phones and filming videos

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Yes but its not like the billie crowd is going to be moshing and like full of chavs is it? Have i missed something or isn't it just going to be a ton of people holding their phones and filming videos

Brockhampton don’t appeal to chavs tho

The current guess seems to be 3pm on Friday in the NME tent. But we'll have no idea until the timings are announced and the gaps found, providing there even is one! When was the last year without a high profile secret set?

18 - BMTH

17 - QOTSA

16 - YM@6

15 - Foals

14 - Jamie T

13 - ?

12 - Green Day

Guess you could say 14/16 weren't quite as significant as the rest. Seems like such a big part of the line-up now that I'd be surprised to see them not pull out another.

yeah better get the ambulances ready for this one...

On the real though:

7 hours ago, stanh said:

you obviously havent seen a billie gig, very moshy - teenage girls or not, still moshy. 

i cant wait though for her set, main stage or tent; it'll go off 

i can't say i'm a billie eillish expert so my bad i guess, i'd say not normally based on that joke of a moshpit above^ first one i found I didn't try to find a weak one its the sole one i looked at but with the reading crowd i guess. Can't see it being that bad not like the dust at brock/kendrick

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I hear there's a moshpit at every single set at Reading and Leeds nowadays.

true 

Edited by gfa

20 hours ago, mttJ said:

The current guess seems to be 3pm on Friday in the NME tent. But we'll have no idea until the timings are announced and the gaps found, providing there even is one! When was the last year without a high profile secret set?

18 - BMTH

17 - QOTSA

16 - YM@6

15 - Foals

14 - Jamie T

13 - ?

12 - Green Day

Guess you could say 14/16 weren't quite as significant as the rest. Seems like such a big part of the line-up now that I'd be surprised to see them not pull out another.

Biffy biffy biffy fucking clyro

• Upvote 4

It would've made more sense for Billie to go before the TOP/Post co because there will be so much fan crossover. The radio 1 crowd will like her and post Malone while the young teenage crowd who like their "alternative" music which is basically just slightly edgier pop music will want her and TOP (that's not a dig at either btw). Feel like she's about the size to sub a co-headliner, too, which I guess is meant to be someone bigger than 3rd down but not quite at a sub level.

Royal Blood are bigger than ADTR so could've subbed Foos for the rock crowd and then blossoms on the 1975 day for the indie crowd.

Foo Fighters - Royal Blood

1975 - Blossoms

Post/TOP - Billie

Probably would need another after blossoms who could just about sub at Leeds but maybe not down south, although wombats 4th down is probably pushing it, I mean blossoms in that slot looks like a weak day but move everyone down a place and have a bigger act as sub and it would've looked pretty stacked

Edited by thelemon

3 hours ago, thelemon said:

It would've made more sense for Billie to go before the TOP/Post co because there will be so much fan crossover. The radio 1 crowd will like her and post Malone while the young teenage crowd who like their "alternative" music which is basically just slightly edgier pop music will want her and TOP (that's not a dig at either btw). Feel like she's about the size to sub a co-headliner, too, which I guess is meant to be someone bigger than 3rd down but not quite at a sub level.

Royal Blood are bigger than ADTR so could've subbed Foos for the rock crowd and then blossoms on the 1975 day for the indie crowd.

Foo Fighters - Royal Blood

1975 - Blossoms

Post/TOP - Billie

Probably would need another after blossoms who could just about sub at Leeds but maybe not down south, although wombats 4th down is probably pushing it, I mean blossoms in that slot looks like a weak day but move everyone down a place and have a bigger act as sub and it would've looked pretty stacked

The way they do it is to sell weekend tickets. Means that lots of foos fans who normally would want to just avoid Reading will have to go weekend to see Royal Blood and other as well. I am surprised that day isn't more mixed, even the slightest rain and all the rap crowd will definitely leave as there is literally nothing for them that day after Lil Uzi Vert who is major (don't even recognise the 1xtra name but it can't be that big?) Also no way could Blossoms sub a solo headliner - not a chance unless they are below like Foos. With the TOP/Post day, they like to have people moving around a lot and all those acts who would be below Billie really shouldn't have to move just for her - if she was headlining the tent it may be easier to convince some - blossoms would be great in the tent against Post Malone.

EDIT: 1975 is also the weakest day already as shown by sales, probably because it doesn't have as much of a focus as the other two days but this means that moving blossoms to that day is an even worse idea than already is :D 

Edited by gfa

36 minutes ago, gfa said:

The way they do it is to sell weekend tickets. Means that lots of foos fans who normally would want to just avoid Reading will have to go weekend to see Royal Blood and other as well. I am surprised that day isn't more mixed, even the slightest rain and all the rap crowd will definitely leave as there is literally nothing for them that day after Lil Uzi Vert who is major (don't even recognise the 1xtra name but it can't be that big?) Also no way could Blossoms sub a solo headliner - not a chance unless they are below like Foos. With the TOP/Post day, they like to have people moving around a lot and all those acts who would be below Billie really shouldn't have to move just for her - if she was headlining the tent it may be easier to convince some - blossoms would be great in the tent against Post Malone.

EDIT: 1975 is also the weakest day already as shown by sales, probably because it doesn't have as much of a focus as the other two days but this means that moving blossoms to that day is an even worse idea than already is :D 

Agree mostly and you're both not suggesting where ADTR would move to with all of this?