2019 festival

12 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Frank Turner's new album is out a week before the festival and he's got a Friday/Saturday gap in his schedule, could see him sneak onto the main stage as the missing act.

Still hoping The Streets will somehow be booked as a special guest

Edit: Ha! I went to reply the image to something else, but I'm just going to leave it here

Donald Trump Boring!.jpg

Edited by jamieaslee

32 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Not sure if anyone has asked this yet but any idea on who the TBC headlining the FR could be?

No idea. It’s only there due to Blaenavon pulling out which wasn’t that long ago, so the festival themselves might not even know yet! 

2 minutes ago, rfc_478 said:

No idea. It’s only there due to Blaenavon pulling out which wasn’t that long ago, so the festival themselves might not even know yet! 

Yeah I know - just wondering if anyone had any ideas on who's free and hasn't been booked (and that are adequately sized to headline that tent)... Possibly The Sherlocks or Gerry Cinnamon, Sam Fender? Are they the right size or are they way too big to booked last minute?

33 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

Yeah I know - just wondering if anyone had any ideas on who's free and hasn't been booked (and that are adequately sized to headline that tent)... Possibly The Sherlocks or Gerry Cinnamon, Sam Fender? Are they the right size or are they way too big to booked last minute?

The fact that they don't need to shift day tickets for that day probably means they won't be going for anyone too big. Sherlocks would probably be around the right size, can't see Gerry or Sam Fender. Would expect one or both of them to get big spots next year.

42 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

you'd like to think they have back ups really but way too big anyway. Imagine how big that gerry crowd would be even against Foos I reckon still quite large.

Looking at the clashfinder, I know its not accurate atm, but is there any chance that The Wombats and Pale Waves wont clash? As well as Royal Blood and Circa Waves? Like if another act was to be added that day? Just asking as I have never been Reading before and just trying to get an idea...thanks

7 hours ago, ModBoy said:

Looking at the clashfinder, I know its not accurate atm, but is there any chance that The Wombats and Pale Waves wont clash? As well as Royal Blood and Circa Waves? Like if another act was to be added that day? Just asking as I have never been Reading before and just trying to get an idea...thanks

There’s likely to be some overlap between those, but if you’re lucky with the set times it might be possible to see a decent amount of both. Good thing about Reading is that it’s not far between stages so it’s possible to move around quickly 

Doubt they'd replace him. This is the festival that's happy to risk crushing by putting Billie Eilish in a tent when they've had plenty of time to move her given how her popularity has exploded.

They were probably gonna give everyone short sets to account for Foos having a long one anyway so they'll just give everyone lower down an extra 5-10 mins if he does pull out 

5 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Doubt they'd replace him. This is the festival that's happy to risk crushing by putting Billie Eilish in a tent when they've had plenty of time to move her given how her popularity has exploded.

They were probably gonna give everyone short sets to account for Foos having a long one anyway so they'll just give everyone lower down an extra 5-10 mins if he does pull out 

Damn, that's a lot of drama. She's playing a huge tent at the same time as one or both of the headliners and you're acting like Festival Republic are Dyatlov and co.

And I'm sure they'd replace Lil Uzi Vert if he dropped off the lineup. They've replaced bands at a few hours notice on that stage before, and the Foos set will have been fully accounted for already.

• Upvote 3

Billie being in the tent is smart because thousands of people will miss out on seeing her as they can’t get in so when they bring her back next year in a far higher position, thousands of people will go nuts for it as they didn’t get to see her this year. 

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Billie being in the tent is smart because thousands of people will miss out on seeing her as they can’t get in so when they bring her back next year in a far higher position, thousands of people will go nuts for it as they didn’t get to see her this year. 

that’s a fair point but i think (based on the clash finder) most people would rather see Billie than TØP and the beginning of Post. I will be watching both headliners in full but i expect the main stage will empty when Billie starts.