2019 festival

1 hour ago, jamieaslee said:

Rob Kellas teasing a "final" announcement suggests its soon and tpd DJ set will be on it again (or I'm reading into this too much) either way, who do we expect to see on it realistically?

A lot of the replies to that tweet from Rob asking for Don Broco and Catfish. Think they’re gunna be extremely disappointed 

13 minutes ago, ob123 said:

A lot of the replies to that tweet from Rob asking for Don Broco and Catfish. Think they’re gunna be extremely disappointed 

Happens at every announcement. I think the general population doesn't completely understand festival booking and expects big acts in unrealistic slots. If you asked some people what lineup they expected they'd have headline level bands scattered throughout the day

Just now, Andre91 said:

Technology is wall to wall bangers. 

I loved the album until I saw someone comment about how poor a lot of the lyrics are and I fully just haven't been able to enjoy some of the songs as much now I've realised how stupid some of them are hahaha.

Pure bangers if you ignore the lyrics though lmao.

36 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I loved the album until I saw someone comment about how poor a lot of the lyrics are and I fully just haven't been able to enjoy some of the songs as much now I've realised how stupid some of them are hahaha.

Pure bangers if you ignore the lyrics though lmao.

Oh god yeah, the some of the lyrics are nonsense but they’re still bangers. Those songs are so much fun live. 

Edited by Andre91
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The latest Don Broco songs sound like a band who should’ve just lost all of their fans.

edit: this isn't just a jibe; I mean the music is such a switch from their normal stuff - one that usually turns fans off (YMAS and BMTH can attest)

I don’t get what you mean by this. This isn’t me being my usual Broco fanboy, I’m genuinely wondering what you mean. 

With songs like Pretty and Technology they’ve gotten heavier and the rest of the album is full of better songs than they’ve previously made. 

Again, this isn’t me being snide in anyway towards your comment, I don’t get the BMTH / YMAS comparison :P 

6 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I don’t get what you mean by this. This isn’t me being my usual Broco fanboy, I’m genuinely wondering what you mean. 

With songs like Pretty and Technology they’ve gotten heavier and the rest of the album is full of better songs than they’ve previously made. 

Again, this isn’t me being snide in anyway towards your comment, I don’t get the BMTH / YMAS comparison :P 

Yeah I think I'm wrong and they've always been like they are now. Still no idea how people like them but eh.

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I think I'm wrong and they've always been like they are now. Still no idea how people like them but eh.

Broco have always been a band who don’t take themselves seriously and write really catchy songs that don’t have very meaningful lyrics. So yeah, in that sense, they’ve always been the same. 

I’m genuinely surprised that they’ve become as big as they have. I never expected them to be a band that can play arenas and sell Wembley Arena well. They’ve not had much in the way of mainstream push or media hype machine behind them so it’s even more impressive. 

I also totally understand why people might think they’re crap, though :lol: 

Edited by Andre91
  • Upvote 1

Broco aren't a band I'd listen to very often alone, but are perfect for a party and their live shows are always good too - testament to the banger vs poor lyrics thing above.

Idk I spose there's music for diff kinda moments, leave the Tool's, Pink Floyd's, etc. To write stuff that makes you think

Also, think it's relevant to say something can be crap and still enjoyable and vise versa (not that Broco is or isn't crap)

Edited by jamieaslee