2019 festival

10 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Does anyone know anything about anyone playing the 1Xtra stage this year? I thought I was doing well at keeping up with hip hop but it’s just random words and letters. Is DaBaby a big thing?

Dappy is playing, he's young and hip right?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Does anyone know anything about anyone playing the 1Xtra stage this year? I thought I was doing well at keeping up with hip hop but it’s just random words and letters. Is DaBaby a big thing?

Headie One, Octavian and YBN Nahmir are the only noteable names on there for me, much better rap acts on other stages though such as AJ, Gunna, NAV and Lil Uzi

22 minutes ago, jump said:

Dappy is playing, he's young and hip right?

dappy is like classic i'd say, i don't like rap etc but i would have considered seeing him if i was going.

Bombay just announced a handful of dates, including an Ireland show in the first weekend of August. Surely must be in with a chance for being the Secret Set (yes I know they’re down as an exclusive at Wilderness but when has that stopped certain acts?)

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Bombay just announced a handful of dates, including an Ireland show in the first weekend of August. Surely must be in with a chance for being the Secret Set (yes I know they’re down as an exclusive at Wilderness but when has that stopped certain acts?)

I think that definitely backs it up. Especially since Tyler, the creator has just announced a US tour around the time of R&L and he was a major contender.

If it's a secret set it surely doesn't matter if they're exclusive or not, Wilderness won't be arsed about a secret set as it's unannounced so won't affect their ticket sales. Exclusives are just about selling more tickets at the end of the day.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ob123 said:

How many more names are we expecting in the next announcement? Wondering if anyone else will fit in on the main stage on Friday but doubt it now. Someone like Yonaka, Tom Grennan or Sam Fender would have been nice 

You misspelled Denzel Curry

38 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Nofx and Less than Jake just got announced for a festival in Devon the weekend before Reading/Leeds. Would be incredible if either of them were a late addition to the R/L line up. 

That would be absolutely incredible but can’t see it happening, no obvious place on the line up for a start.

The days of them booking these bands seem a distant memory.

11 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

That would be absolutely incredible but can’t see it happening, no obvious place on the line up for a start.

The days of them booking these bands seem a distant memory.

Not really, Sum 41 played recently and Papa Roach. ADTR this year and they are still rocky bands. YM@6. I wouldn't rule it out happening. For a 2nd year running it's gone to show there is a market for there to still be a rockier band day. 

1 hour ago, rivalschools.price said:

Yeah, I’ve Can’t see how they won’t clash unfortunately 

If we get one more act slotting above them then they'd finish just before RB start. Probably won't happen though, PUP are probably in the right slot at the minute.

There’s going to be about 11 people in the tent watching PUP so I’d definitely go and catch them on their own tour and watch Royal Blood instead. 

I can’t help but feel that PUP/their management have cocked up by choosing to play Reading. Imagine the reception they would have got at 2000 Trees compared. Maybe it’s just the pull of playing ‘the’ Reading Festival.