2019 festival

13 hours ago, ob123 said:

Just watched the whole of 1975 set at Big Weekend and jesus they were fucking good. Wether you like their music or not, their production is on a whole different level to any band in the world at the moment surely? Crazy to think people out there didn’t think they were worthy headliners either. Ending the Friday night at Reading with The Sound will be iconic. 

I agree with you, maybe it’s just my opinion but I’ve been a fan since the start and the setlist seemed poor, not many of the singalong songs

2 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

I agree with you, maybe it’s just my opinion but I’ve been a fan since the start and the setlist seemed poor, not many of the singalong songs

I disagree with you. I've liked The 1975 for a while, but more within this last album. And I knew every word to each song and I'm not a BIG fan. 

Setlist had all the hits mixed with the current albums biggest hits/singles. When you only have 13 songs what can you expect? It'll be  probably 18-22 songs for Reading. And all these songs played at big weekend will be on that setlist. 

13 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

As said ^ you have to remember that big weekend is basically just for advertising. I reckon their set will go down incredibly well at Reading, if they are like this now imagine by August. And i don’t even like them!

5 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

I disagree with you. I've liked The 1975 for a while, but more within this last album. And I knew every word to each song and I'm not a BIG fan. 

Setlist had all the hits mixed with the current albums biggest hits/singles. When you only have 13 songs what can you expect? It'll be  probably 18-22 songs for Reading. And all these songs played at big weekend will be on that setlist. 

Yeah I guess it’s just the fact that they had a short set. I’m not too keen on the new album personally so there wasn’t much for me with only three on each of the other two albums. I’d hope they’d add a few out of A Change Of Heart, Girls, Loving Someone, Settle Down and Heart Out to the setlist, they’re all fairly popular songs which would go down well (or at least were anyway)

Just now, BeddingatReading said:

Yeah I guess it’s just the fact that they had a short set. I’m not too keen on the new album personally so there wasn’t much for me with only three on each of the other two albums. I’d hope they’d add a few out of A Change Of Heart, Girls, Loving Someone, Settle Down and Heart Out to the setlist, they’re all fairly popular songs which would go down well (or at least were anyway)

Just look at their O2 arena setlist and itll be similar to that

15 hours ago, ob123 said:

Just watched the whole of 1975 set at Big Weekend and jesus they were fucking good. Wether you like their music or not, their production is on a whole different level to any band in the world at the moment surely? Crazy to think people out there didn’t think they were worthy headliners either. Ending the Friday night at Reading with The Sound will be iconic. 

Muse would like a word

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BeddingatReading said:

Probably the biggest band in the world currently but best is just a matter of opinion really. 

In what world are the 1975 the biggest band out there? They're not even the biggest band playing Reading.

Edited by Aech
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Aech said:

Right they're objectively not though are they, the UK is the only country they can headline a fest in.

In terms of current popularity I can’t think of many others. Maybe TOP and Tame Impala I guess.

Edited by Steve1000

4 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

When we doing the bracket tournament lads? I’d offer to set it up myself, but y’know

Was gonna wait till the next announcement but doubt we'll get anyone game changing plus they're taking a while with this one. I'll set it up and have the first round starting tonight unless anyone else wants to do it?

31 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Was gonna wait till the next announcement but doubt we'll get anyone game changing plus they're taking a while with this one. I'll set it up and have the first round starting tonight unless anyone else wants to do it?

Legend. And yeah I’m seriously busy atm so canny set it up myself, so appreciate you doing it man. Do realise it's pretty poor from me being the one to bring it up then asking someone else to put the time in for it :lol:

Edited by Steve1000
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, thetime said:

They are headlining Sziget in Hungry.

As much as I like The 1975, they haven't reached the undisputed headliner status in Europe yet - similarly to e.g., Biffy.

Sziget, Pohoda and Opener booked them because of their future potential, not the current status. Those festival will sell out/sell a ton of tickets regardless who's playing as they're local Glasto equivalents. Look at RaR/RiP - The 1975 are subbing Slayer (!) on 2nd stage. Still an improvement over the last time when they were 3rd from the top...

I am not a massive fan but I think it's a great booking and I am looking forward to see them at Reading.

Edited by Ferda
grammar correction :-)

3 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Well they have headlined the biggest festival in the world

If you’re on about Coachella I’d hardly say their headline slot amounts to their popularity to a great extent. Knowing that festival they were probably chosen because the light show would look Instagram aesthetic 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

If you’re on about Coachella I’d hardly say their headline slot amounts to their popularity to a great extent. Knowing that festival they were probably chosen because the light show would look Instagram aesthetic 

Yeah but they obviously are very popular. A total no-mark couldn’t headline Coachella, light show or not.