2019 festival

Has any other year had so many future headliners on its as much as 2005? The Killers, Queens of the Stone Age, Kasabian, My Chemical Romance, Kings of Leon, Razorlight, Biffy Clyro, Arcade Fire, Arctic Monkeys. It's mad.

Edited by VCK

On 5/18/2019 at 8:39 PM, Andre91 said:

The Wombats are playing Wembley and Leeds arenas. Tyler couldn’t do that. 

Idk, he had a secret gig shut down due to popularity in London the other day...

I'm expecting him to announce a UK tour soon so I guess we'll see

On 5/20/2019 at 1:30 PM, moonage505 said:

Tyler announced two shows in London in September so I don’t think there’s a chance for him at reading my dudes 

Was thinking more 2020, I'm guessing he had his ban lifted pretty recently, with there being literally no news of it until he turned up outside Buckingham Palace

Managed to cop pre-sale tickets for Brixton today, buzzing.

New album's gone down very well, where would he fit into 2020's lineup?

1 hour ago, she bangs the drums said:

Is there any chance of a few bands from Slam Dunk being announced now that festival is over and no ticket sale clashes to consider? 

Would love to see Turnstile at the festival. 

They absolutely demolished Slam Dunk yesterday. It felt like everyone was watching them. It was manic. They would be incredible playing a main stage but not at R&L. 

44 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They absolutely demolished Slam Dunk yesterday. It felt like everyone was watching them. It was manic. They would be incredible playing a main stage but not at R&L. 

Yes definitely. It reminded me of watching Rage Against the Machine in the early days. Singer's voice reminds me of Perry Farrell. 

It would be pretty tasty watching them in the Lock up stage 

• Like 1

Just watched the whole of 1975 set at Big Weekend and jesus they were fucking good. Wether you like their music or not, their production is on a whole different level to any band in the world at the moment surely? Crazy to think people out there didn’t think they were worthy headliners either. Ending the Friday night at Reading with The Sound will be iconic. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, she bangs the drums said:

Is there any chance of a few bands from Slam Dunk being announced now that festival is over and no ticket sale clashes to consider? 

Would love to see Turnstile at the festival. 

This would be fantastic. The Slam Dunk line up was amazing this year so a few bands from there would boost the Reading/Leeds line up considerably.

The days of them booking the likes of NoFx, Anti-Flag and Bad Religion unfortunately seem long gone but someone like The Interrupters or ,as you say, Turnstile would still fit the current model.

Is there much history of them sharing the same bands from Slam Dunk in previous years?

Edited by rivalschools.price
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ob123 said:

Just watched the whole of 1975 set at Big Weekend and jesus they were fucking good. Wether you like their music or not, their production is on a whole different level to any band in the world at the moment surely? Crazy to think people out there didn’t think they were worthy headliners either. Ending the Friday night at Reading with The Sound will be iconic. 

Not my thing at all so won’t be watching but no one can deny that they are a worthy headliner to be fair to them.

10 hours ago, ob123 said:

When people have said they're not worthy headliners I don't think anyone's claiming they're not big enough or anything like that, just that they're shit.

• Like 1