2019 festival

16 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

Gonna start an uprising in this thread but punk pop is literally the worst genre of music.

Yeah but you're someone who thinks that a guy dressed as a frog with a recorder up his nose is funny. So I can't take your opinion seriously.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

40 minutes ago, Radi0Head said:

Gonna start an uprising in this thread but punk pop is literally the worst genre of music.

I dunno, 90s pop punk had some great bands. Rancid's music still holds up, and then Green Day, The Offspring and NOFX have done plenty of bangers in their career.

But yeah the modern incarnation of it is awful.

Edited by VCK

22 minutes ago, VCK said:

I dunno, 90s pop punk had some great bands. Rancid's music still holds up, and then Green Day, The Offspring and NOFX have done plenty of bangers in their career.

Yeah, don’t forget Bad Religion and Social Distortion.

Some great stuff from Anti Flag too, especially live.

26 minutes ago, VCK said:

Rancid aren’t really a pop punk band though are they. 

Give some time to The Wonder Year’s album ‘The Greatest Generation’. They completed pop punk with that album. 

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Give some time to The Wonder Year’s album ‘The Greatest Generation’. They completed pop punk with that album. 

That's half the problem with punk, anything you don't like get's labelled as pop-punk/sell out/not real punk. Rancid are a band I would chuck together with Green Day (Billie Joe use to be in Rancid for a short while), Good Charlotte, Offspring etc who are more identifiable as pop-punk so imo it works even if I'd consider them more "street-punk" myself. I'm now off to see the pop(ular)-punk band Frank Carter now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Yeah but you're someone who thinks that a guy dressed as a frog with a recorder up his nose is funny. So I can't take your opinion seriously.

I’ll have you know that my profile pic is true art. Come see me play nose recorder live. Then you’ll know what true music is.

1 hour ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

It’s not the best but you’ve clearly not listened to much music in your time.

This one really hurts (and is wrong)

Edited by Radi0Head

4 hours ago, VCK said:

4 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Two great options there, I don't mind Anti-Flag

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

To be honest nor are Green Day, they are just a rock band with a lot of pop rock material.

17 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

haha, i hate Liverpool but fair play for tonight, was a great game of football to watch

Looks like the reds have got efests on strings by the response to my comment. Personally, love that we're hated and long may it continue but regardless what a game of footie. Music and football, the 2 best things in this world to bring people together.

23 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Good shouts, both of them.

23 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Rancid modelled their sound on classic 70s British punk, but because they were a 90s California band they got labelled as pop punk.

On 5/7/2019 at 6:22 PM, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

What does everyone reckon the crowd for Clairo will be like? Can’t seem to imagine which kinda group of people would go to see her.

People who like epic memes. See also: fans of Death Grips, Grimes and The Chats.

1 hour ago, gfa said:

Reading sized gap in Blink-182's tour? https://www.blink182.com/ pretty damn unlikely but you never know I guess

Is Travis still their drummer on tour? I can't see a boat getting to and from America that quick unless it's gotten over his fear of crashing in planes.

Personally I'd prefer The Transplants if Travis makes the effort to come over to Europe and I can only see that happening if they are the support to Blink on tour or if they have some big festivals lines up. I'm still pissed off they pulled out Reading all those years ago, I fucking loved that album at the time.

34 minutes ago, jump said:

Is Travis still their drummer on tour? I can't see a boat getting to and from America that quick unless it's gotten over his fear of crashing in planes.

Personally I'd prefer The Transplants if Travis makes the effort to come over to Europe and I can only see that happening if they are the support to Blink on tour or if they have some big festivals lines up. I'm still pissed off they pulled out Reading all those years ago, I fucking loved that album at the time.

Didn't know that was a thing to be honest. Better not tell him about the Titanic or he'll never play in Europe again ? Their tour with Lil Wayne definitely is odd though so a secret set at 2019 Reading looks pretty normal in comparison.