2019 festival

The Streets would go down amazingly with everyone I know who goes to Reading (16-22) they’re still very very relevant with the indie crowds and the garage lot too.

but again, as I’ve mentioned before, most people I know going are from in and around Birmingham, skinner is regarded as a god with teens around here.

10 hours ago, jj200 said:

Could the secret set be the courteeners

They would of just announced it to boost leeds sales

On 5/3/2019 at 7:53 PM, Quackers- said:

Two Door was and option for Reading Saturday and Sunday Leeds but I think there isn’t a chance anymore as the nme stage is full for that day

playing friday at victorious, sunday rock en seine.

23 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I think they're a bad fit for the current R&L demographic. They're riding a wave of nostalgia from audiences a decade or so older than the average R&L goer. Disastrous booking in N.E.R.D. last year and this would be similar. 

If Biffy Clyro have an album out around then, that's them nailed on I think.

nobody listened to n*e*r*d, i'm 17 i had never heard of them till they got announced and none of my friends had i'm pretty sure. This would be a secret anyway so it wouldn't be a main stage flop. The Streets also sold out brixton like 7 times or something crazy? I don't like the streets but they would work miles better than n*e*r*d did. Maybe a bit underwhelming for the big secret set though I think.

Florence maybe? Seems like Biffy or Kasabian may be good picks for bands not active right now although they might be a bit overkill? Extra option - strokes maybe the week before electric picnic in Ireland although secret sets aren't really their thing. Are we being naive thinking that its not going to be a modern rapper though?

I keep on editing but Libertines to break their UK exclusive at coombe, definitely could happen or maybe Blink-182, seem to be doing kind of odd dates but only in America so far.

Edited by gfa

Was at Live At Leeds fest yesterday. Saw Sea Girls and they were easily the stand out, really good live performance who drew a huge crowd. Bloxx were awesome also. Also saw Easy Life and surprised they haven’t been booked tbh. 

Edited by ob123

I was having a second though, i'm a massive fan so maybe i'm just being overly optimistic but maybe Glass Animals for a secret set since it was the festival they went to and they live fairly nearby too if they are ready to be back this year for a one-off (well leeds as well but basically one-off) thing before they get going on touring/album again

5 hours ago, gfa said:

I was having a second though, i'm a massive fan so maybe i'm just being overly optimistic but maybe Glass Animals for a secret set since it was the festival they went to and they live fairly nearby too if they are ready to be back this year for a one-off (well leeds as well but basically one-off) thing before they get going on touring/album again

I feel like they wouldn't be the main secret set, though, think a lot of people would find that a bit of an underwhelming booking because I'm not sure how popular they are with just a casual crowd, even though they do have a big fanbase. I'd love to see them live though, they're on the bucket list for sure

1 hour ago, thelemon said:

I feel like they wouldn't be the main secret set, though, think a lot of people would find that a bit of an underwhelming booking because I'm not sure how popular they are with just a casual crowd, even though they do have a big fanbase. I'd love to see them live though, they're on the bucket list for sure

Yeah for sure, probably not the main booking but if they were one I think the big one could be a weaker act. If they had them as an exclusive its something they would just want to announce though to be honest as they haven't played in the UK for two years then (except APE but like that wouldn't of attracted many of the Reading fans - regrets!) I don't think their fanbase is particularly big they played NME second down - but the atmopshere would be electric