2019 festival

55 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Jesus!....have people seen the spots they've been booked for at festivals this year?!

They / their management have clearly chosen to play as many festivals as they can. If they had chosen to just play R&L, their slot would have been prominent. They’re one of the hottest bands in the country. 

38 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They / their management have clearly chosen to play as many festivals as they can. If they had chosen to just play R&L, their slot would have been prominent. They’re one of the hottest bands in the country. 

Dear God!, they played the Electric Ballroom, the Tramshed in Cardiff, Norwich UEA and The Leadmillin Sheffield, in what planet do we think they can turn round to Reading and demand mid main stage for a solo appearance?.....also, have you seen some of the shit in this country lol.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Dear God!, they played the Electric Ballroom, the Tramshed in Cardiff, Norwich UEA and The Leadmillin Sheffield, in what planet do we think they can turn round to Reading and demand mid main stage for a solo appearance?.....also, have you seen some of the shit in this country lol.

They sold out the Forum in London on the October tour as well as venues including the Institute, the Ritz and Rock City. 

Blossoms are subbing and couldn’t sell out the Engine Shed in Lincoln. 

Do you just not like IDLES? 

26 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Before you exclaim more blasphemy against our lord you're coming across as a bit of touch. R&L are normally more than happy to give a smaller band a bump up the card as long as the band are trendy enough to get away with it which in Idles case they are.

Also those are some of the best independent venues in the country, I'd rather bands book their tours at those venues rather the smaller o2 academies. 

8 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They sold out the Forum in London on the October tour as well as venues including the Institute, the Ritz and Rock City. 

Blossoms are subbing and couldn’t sell out the Engine Shed in Lincoln. 

Do you just not like IDLES? 

I'm not fussed with them to be honest but I'd argue the same point with anyone as much.

So they did 2,400 at the max, Ritz is 1500. Not being being but bands who usually do those venues at a fest are about 7th down a bill. London I've always said due to size is a league of its own for population anyway. Most venues on that forum tour were academy/venue number 2s of the venue equivalent. Basically with London they moved up to 4500 overall but covering 3 nights...let's see that in one night 1st.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Paramore sold more tickets in London than Iron Maiden 8)

Do you mean on the 2018 tours? I maybe wrong but I'm pretty sure Paramore just did one date at the London O2 and Maiden did two nights.

Edited by jump

On 4/14/2019 at 10:06 PM, thelemon said:

Blossoms also sold out edgeley park 10k people in under an hour

Hometown but clearly big enough to sub under a co

I think until a new album blossoms are staying 3rd down, they have kind of lost their traction and their placement on other bills as generally a sub kind of shows this. subbing the co makes sense at leeds but at reading they haven't really got bigger have they and 3rd down is like kooks/two door etc who are all headlining some fests whereas blossoms are still subbing smaller festivals really - can't see it personally but they are definitely on the way.

I can't see IDLES getting added, any sales from them alone are gone really and they are at so many other festivals already.

• Upvote 1

How big are Brutus in the UK? Any chance they could fill an early lock up spot?

Theyre currently in a big fight with Press Club as to who is my new favourite band

Edited by Benj

6 hours ago, Benj said:

Theyre currently in a big fight with Press Club as to who is my new favourite band

The next announcement will probably be around the time of their UK tour, wouldn’t surprise me at all to see them in the next announcement.

Oh, regarding your fight between Press Club and Brutus, I vote for Brutus.

19 hours ago, Benj said:

Both decent bands that would be better with male frontmen. I can’t relate to music with female singers, doesn’t do it for me.

• Downvote 15

10 hours ago, Smithy061 said:

Both decent bands that would be better with male frontmen. I can’t relate to music with female singers, doesn’t do it for me.

You’re actually kidding me, right? I think you’re not getting the message of most punk/post-punk anyway, one against gross misogyny. Listen to some IDLES or Slaves and you’ll hear that message loud and clear. 

If you really can’t relate to music sung by female singers, then I so woe your state. You’re missing out on some of the best, most progressive music out there, whether that be Press Club’s angsty punk or Janelle Monaé’s spellbinding new record. 

2 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

You’re actually kidding me, right? I think you’re not getting the message of most punk/post-punk anyway, one against gross misogyny. Listen to some IDLES or Slaves and you’ll hear that message loud and clear. 

If you really can’t relate to music sung by female singers, then I so woe your state. You’re missing out on some of the best, most progressive music out there, whether that be Press Club’s angsty punk or Janelle Monaé’s spellbinding new record. 

There’s a reason why female fronted bands never get far compared to the male ones. Paramore are the only headliner I can think of and they’re incredibly overrated anyway. The only reason they get listened to is because of their sex appeal to the majority male audience that they appeal to. Give me bands like Architects and Shikari any day.

• Downvote 17

36 minutes ago, Smithy061 said:

There’s a reason why female fronted bands never get far compared to the male ones. Paramore are the only headliner I can think of and they’re incredibly overrated anyway. The only reason they get listened to is because of their sex appeal to the majority male audience that they appeal to. Give me bands like Architects and Shikari any day.

You might wanna write “I’m a c**t” on your forehead. Saves you the effort of typing all this shite out and gives us the same message. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4