2019 festival

12 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

worst band i’ve ever seen is Kings Of Leon last year at Leeds

They were very very boring. I could list many small bands that have been awful  but probably the worst would be Matthew Dear who supported MGMT. absolutely awful. One of the most disappointing would have to be Public enemy back supporting the prodigy in 2015 too. 

Rat Boy were the surprise if the weekend at Glastonbury Williams Green Stage In 2017. But I’ve seen them three times since then and they’ve been absolute garbage every time. Agreed on the hoodie part aswell. 

Worst act I’ve ever seen was Kings of Leon last year or Jake Bugg at Y Not 2017.

Edited by TKOCF

1 minute ago, Andre91 said:

Definitely the smallest crowd I’ve ever seen for a headliner. 

It was depressing. Made it right near the front before they came on and didn't last past the fourth song. When you've got fans wearing Libertines shirts, at the front of your crowd for a headline set at R&L, leaving to watch something else... so so bad.

On the plus side it meant I saw almost all of Refused instead, who were awesome.

1 minute ago, JSmurphy said:

It was depressing. Made it right near the front before they came on and didn't last past the fourth song. When you've got fans wearing Libertines shirts, at the front of your crowd for a headline set at R&L, leaving to watch something else... so so bad.

On the plus side it meant I saw almost all of Refused instead, who were awesome.

I stayed for the duration of The Libertines and walked past the tent as Refused were closing with New Noise. Why did I choose The Libertines over Refused? Idiot me. 

1 hour ago, jump said:

I was just buying tixs for Frank Carter and whilst doing it I had a pop up ad for Van Gogh at the Tate come up, is it just me or do they look alike?

Image result for frank carter meme

Image result for van gogh

They’re gonna be fucking awesome, was very surprised that they’re playing 5 mins from my house in Watford ;););)

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I stayed for the duration of The Libertines and walked past the tent as Refused were closing with New Noise. Why did I choose The Libertines over Refused? Idiot me. 

Didn’t see any of the Libertined that night but Frank Turner in the FR was amazing tool 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Didn’t see any of the Libertined that night but Frank Turner in the FR was amazing tool 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Was MH on the Slipknot tour? Because they were absolutely fucked on that tour :P 

No, it was at Download Fest. I'm not a heavy heavy fan but I coped with Devil Driver.

20 hours ago, NerdsNatterings said:

I'll throw in Jimmy Eat World, when I saw them at Reading in 2017 the crowd was so unbelievably dead, even The Middle wasn't much better. Seemed so past it.

To be fair I enjoyed them at SD though I'm always likely to but they are missing an edge they had. Leeds 2011 was quite damp for them but the shite weather didn't help.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:42 AM, manchestermusicreview said:

Saw Sundara Karma on Saturday. Absolutely phenomenal, though the clash with foos (potentially) is so bad. New songs are so fresh especially live, they always put on a good show 

Saw them in Notts last week and they were superb. New stuff sounded great. Think they will be big  

Edited by ob123

Anyone heard Anderson .Paak's new album Ventura? Really recommend giving him a listen if you haven't and definitely going to see him at RnL. Saw him in Manchester a few weeks ago and was great, his latest 2 albums are good too and executive producer by Dre

Edited by jamieaslee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Anyone heard Anderson .Paak's new album Ventura? Really recommend giving him a listen if you haven't and definitely going to see him at RnL. Saw him in Manchester a few weeks ago and was great, his latest 2 albums are good too and executive producer by Dre

Absolutely love the album. I liked Oxnard but this is way better. Not quite sure it's better than Malibu though. Still, very very good.

Any chance of FR changing Billie Eilish’s spot on the lineup since she’s currently the world’s 11th most popular artist on Spotify? Seems like there will be huge problems since she might not be clashing with anyone big according to Clashfinder.

4 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Any chance of FR changing Billie Eilish’s spot on the lineup since she’s currently the world’s 11th most popular artist on Spotify? Seems like there will be huge problems since she might not be clashing with anyone big according to Clashfinder.

I can see her being put on Main Stage tbh, it’s an accident waiting to happen having her in a tent

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Quorn said:

Yeah, not just people not being able to watch her but I can imagine a literal crush

Who would they swap her with? They’ve done their best by clashing her with other people that probably appeal to a vaguely similar audience 

4 minutes ago, C14S said:

Who would they swap her with? They’ve done their best by clashing her with other people that probably appeal to a vaguely similar audience 

I really don't think they'll swap her placing, but the best option would probably be AJ Tracey tbh. He could easily still fill the R1 and it's still a good slot for Billie.