2019 festival

9 hours ago, Aech said:

Are you? Foos completely sell out their £80 stadium tours.

I don’t know, I just feel like Post appeals to the R&L crowd moreso nowadays. Out of my pretty big group of mates going, I’m the only one planning on seeing the Foos as everyone else is more excited for Post Malone, Crucast and Bastille. Happy to have been proved wrong tho. 

2 minutes ago, moonage505 said:

Pretty sure billie eilish in the radio one tent might get a little bit crowded come Saturday reading 

Will definitely be another Brockhampton situation, probably worse (and that wasn’t nice being in the front middle). Especially as it looks like she’ll clash with the end of TØP, SASASAS, Of Mice & Men and Octavian according to the clashfinder. Everyone will be at Eillish. Will be avoiding that crowd as best I can.

2 hours ago, TKOCF said:

I don’t know, I just feel like Post appeals to the R&L crowd moreso nowadays. Out of my pretty big group of mates going, I’m the only one planning on seeing the Foos as everyone else is more excited for Post Malone, Crucast and Bastille. Happy to have been proved wrong tho. 

I agree but people buying day tickets are probably mainly going for one main act, and on Sunday that will be Foos.

EDIT: What I mean is people buying day tickets are probably not the stereotypical R&L audience and are mostly treating it like a gig.

Edited by Aech

36 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Pup album is so sick. Can’t fucking wait, hope they get a good crowd.

Could do without them clashing with Royal Blood.

Saying that, if they were playing on the other days they would likely be clashing with 21 Pilots or ADTR so either day won’t make much impact to their crowd size.

Their upcoming tour has more or less sold out and they’ll be playing much bigger venues soon so I reckon they’ll get a good crowd.

Edited by rivalschools.price

9 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Could do without them clashing with Royal Blood.

Saying that, if they were playing on the other days they would likely be clashing with 21 Pilots or ADTR so either day won’t make much impact to their crowd size.

Their upcoming tour has more or less sold out and they’ll be playing much bigger venues soon so I reckon they’ll get a good crowd.

I do think it would have made more sense to swap them with that Paris c**t playing the other day on the Pit so they’re up against Twenty One Pilots. 

Honestly, I don’t know what Dan Carter is thinking. It’s gonna end up that Pup, Fidlar, Basement, TSSF will have their crowds ruined by clashing with Foo’s, Royal Blood, ADTR, Shikari etc, but then the day with no pretty much no rock bands on the main stages they’ve filled the Pit with soundcloud rappers, who’ll probably lose a big portion of their own crowd being up against rappers on the other stages. I don’t even have beef with Ghostemane headlining cause his album is essentially a hardcore record, but with Paris, Smokeasac and Teddy, come on Dan mate. What are you doing?

Edited by Steve1000
  • Like 1

Yeah, the two Pit days definitely seem backwards at the moment. Hopefully they've got another half dozen on each day to balance it out, would only take a few prominent names to give it a boost.

Idles literally anywhere on that Saturday saves the day for me. I've been liking the Barns Courtney album recently so hoping he gets added somehwere too.

Not 100% clued up on Live at Leeds festival, will be my first time going this year, however I see that they have a stage that is supposedly sponsored by Leeds Fest. Doubt it obviously means that they’re all certs to be booked, apart from Sundara Karma who already are, but would be good to see Sam Fender or even Sherlocks somewhere on the 1975 day. 

F4260C56-729C-4700-BB35-0964B42A596D.jpeg

1 hour ago, ob123 said:

Not 100% clued up on Live at Leeds festival, will be my first time going this year, however I see that they have a stage that is supposedly sponsored by Leeds Fest. Doubt it obviously means that they’re all certs to be booked, apart from Sundara Karma who already are, but would be good to see Sam Fender or even Sherlocks somewhere on the 1975 day. 

F4260C56-729C-4700-BB35-0964B42A596D.jpeg

Can see Sam Fender or Sherlock’s doing a secret set on the Introducing/FR stage 

9 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

I do think it would have made more sense to swap them with that Paris c**t playing the other day on the Pit so they’re up against Twenty One Pilots. 

Honestly, I don’t know what Dan Carter is thinking. It’s gonna end up that Pup, Fidlar, Basement, TSSF will have their crowds ruined by clashing with Foo’s, Royal Blood, ADTR, Shikari etc, but then the day with no pretty much no rock bands on the main stages they’ve filled the Pit with soundcloud rappers, who’ll probably lose a big portion of their own crowd being up against rappers on the other stages. I don’t even have beef with Ghostemane headlining cause his album is essentially a hardcore record, but with Paris, Smokeasac and Teddy, come on Dan mate. What are you doing?

Yeah, 100% agree.

The worst part is that the tent will be empty due to the reasons you’ve stated (alongside the fact that the Pit/ Lock up was announced last) and everyone will see this as proof that rock is dead and they don’t need the Lockup/Pit