2019 festival

On 3/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, C14S said:

Reckon they'll be just under 2 hours, reckon Foos will be 3 at Leeds, 15 mins more at reading

Sorry if the answer to this is obvious, but why would they play longer at reading? I mean 3 hours is more than enough but is it normal that bands play longer at reading than Leeds?

3 hours ago, thelemon said:

Sorry if the answer to this is obvious, but why would they play longer at reading? I mean 3 hours is more than enough but is it normal that bands play longer at reading than Leeds?

i think Reading’s main stage starts earlier than Leeds plus Reading has no nightlife (other than silent disco) Leeds has piccadilly and relentless 

57 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

do we think there’ll be anyone else exciting announced or is it just filler now?

There's plenty to still come on The Pit/Lock-Up, as well as a heap for Festival Republic stage too (which always has a brilliant lineup). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

do we think there’ll be anyone else exciting announced or is it just filler now?

A few early R1 and Main Stage slots which could be potentially good but I don’t think there will be any more big acts announced (not including secret sets as they are “secret”)

22 minutes ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

This would suggest Sam fender, drenge and the Sherlocks will be playing at Leeds festival however last year peace were on the same stage and only performed as a secret set at reading.

275230F8-6930-4B0E-85C4-617EFF100E5B.jpeg

Sam Fender early main stage Friday with the Sherlock’s below him I’d say

22 hours ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

This would suggest Sam fender, drenge and the Sherlocks will be playing at Leeds festival however last year peace were on the same stage and only performed as a secret set at reading.

275230F8-6930-4B0E-85C4-617EFF100E5B.jpeg

drenge would be a great addition to the lineup, hopefully this means they'll be added 

7 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Anyone here seen lil uzi before? Debating whether to bother watching because of how poor Migos were in 2017

I saw him last April and he was surprisingly good. Like okay I might be biased I adore the man and all of his music but I was prepared for him to be a let down live, he really wasn't. A lot of energy. Seeing him at Wireless this year so i'll let you know what he's like on the big stage, but he's very good at his own gigs.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I saw him last April and he was surprisingly good. Like okay I might be biased I adore the man and all of his music but I was prepared for him to be a let down live, he really wasn't. A lot of energy. Seeing him at Wireless this year so i'll let you know what he's like on the big stage, but he's very good at his own gigs.

Sick man would you say he’s as good as Travis Scott live?

41 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

Sick man would you say he’s as good as Travis Scott live?

Don't think I'd go that far but he's certainly way better than Migos, Lil Pump, Smokepurpp and A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie (they're the only other rappers similar to him I've seen besides Travis haha)

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Don't think I'd go that far but he's certainly way better than Migos, Lil Pump, Smokepurpp and A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie (they're the only other rappers similar to him I've seen besides Travis haha)

Pump was probably the most interesting set I saw last year. Especially when he started swearing at the securty and people in the mosh pits. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anything else like that at R&L. 

But yeah Travis Scott is one of the most intense crowds I’ve ever been in, I can see where Melvin was coming from when he compared his crowds to a RATM crowd. 

Edited by TKOCF

4 hours ago, TKOCF said:

Pump was probably the most interesting set I saw last year. Especially when he started swearing at the securty and people in the mosh pits. Don’t think I’ve ever seen anything else like that at R&L. 

I had to leave at about 2 on the Sunday so I didn't get to see Pump, saw him at his own gig in Birmingham in November though. Deffo go energy but he just wasn't overall as good as Uzi was (same venue and all).

Any ideas who might play Relentless Stage this year?

I thought it was pretty poor last year, but so was everything compared to this year so far...

Also, is there any way we can influence the music played at Piccadilly Party? I remember there being a lot of the same stuff being played, very little rock or hip hop.

Would it not make more sense for Piccadilly to have a set genre each night or each stage to have different genres? Not really any need for dance music to be played on Piccadilly when we have Relentless..something like:

Rock/ Hip Hop on Piccadilly

Dance on Relentless

Pop on Archadia (if that's what it's called)

Might have overthought this a tad lol but i remember walking around a lot at night last year, whereas previous years I'd spent more time actually at one of the stages

2 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Also, is there any way we can influence the music played at Piccadilly Party? I remember there being a lot of the same stuff being played, very little rock or hip hop.

Would it not make more sense for Piccadilly to have a set genre each night or each stage to have different genres? Not really any need for dance music to be played on Piccadilly when we have Relentless..something like:

Rock/ Hip Hop on Piccadilly

Dance on Relentless

Pop on Archadia (if that's what it's called)

The TPD TV Set seemed to be popular last year, I think they’ll come back and do another set on the Thursday. Their set had mostly rock with some hip hop/pop aswell. 

• Upvote 2