2019 festival

15 hours ago, dum surfer said:

Also finding a lot of the currently announced Festival republic lineup pretty disappointing too (bar Jap House and Peace), there were some really great bookings on their last year like Spector, HMLTD and Hinds 

A few bands I like in the FR that may be worth checking out, Black Honey, Sophie & The Giants, Basement, The Snuts, Himalayas and Anteros (depends what you’re into though I guess)

3 minutes ago, BeddingatReading said:

A few bands I like in the FR that may be worth checking out, Black Honey, Sophie & The Giants, Basement, The Snuts, Himalayas and Anteros (depends what you’re into though I guess)

Himalayas are definitely worth a watch, watched them the last two years, great bunch of lads too!

19 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

2016, the first year I went was pretty insane too. Anderson Paak>Bugzy Malone>Logic>Section Boyz>Stormzy was a ridiculously good run in, even though I only saw half of those. I don't think it's ever looked as good as that since 2016 and the better acts seem to be pushed to R1/Main which is a shame but leads to less clashes I guess.

Also what's your opinion on ENSWBL p.1 mate? 

Yeah that's also a strong run. Last years wasn't great and this years looking even worse.

ENSWBL pt.1 might be my fave album of the year so far honestly. Absolutely love it.

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Go to Slam Dunk this year if that’s what you’re after. The Punk In Drublic Stage is perfect for that. 

The Punk In Drublic Stage is decent and I can't complain as it sold me a tix but I wouldn't hold it up to the Lock Up in it's prime, it feels too American in away and apart from The Interrupters all of the bands are middle aged. 

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Did we establish what we think the length of the two outright headliners are going to be? Pretty sure The 1975's set was near enough 2 hours so are we expecting that or about 1 and half?

Reckon they'll be just under 2 hours, reckon Foos will be 3 at Leeds, 15 mins more at reading

Can't see Foos getting much more than 2 hours. They've got 9 acts on the main stage that day, same as usual. Don't know how they'd fit them all in along with a 3+ hour Foos set.

On 3/18/2019 at 4:19 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Can't see Foos getting much more than 2 hours. They've got 9 acts on the main stage that day, same as usual. Don't know how they'd fit them all in along with a 3+ hour Foos set.

Only saying that coz of the website:

With nearly 30 million records sold, and fresh from packing out the world’s biggest venues – Dave Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Chris Shiflett, Pat Smear and Rami Jaffee will bring their three-hour-plus rock marathon master class back to headlining Reading/Leeds, a tradition they began in 2002.

Edited by C14S

On 3/18/2019 at 4:19 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Didn’t Foos and The Cure do 3 hours in 2012? They both had 9 acts on that day.