2019 festival

The Foos are one of the biggest ticket shifters and one of the most famous live bands on the planet, with probably the most famous frontmen in rock of the 21st Century. Not saying they’re an inspiring booking but they’re still a good one nonetheless for sales. 

Edited by TKOCF
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

Foos are an unbelievable pull and certainly a bucket list band. Those suggesting they’re boring are mental however The 1975 are the most exciting booking 

It's not really an unbelievable booking like they have played the fest before and aren't above playing it now. They're probably the best rock outfit you could ask for to headline the fest as well as a massive ticket shifter. Not moaning though the fest has done extremely well this year for headliners. 

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

It's not really an unbelievable booking like they have played the fest before and aren't above playing it now. They're probably the best rock outfit you could ask for to headline the fest as well as a massive ticket shifter. Not moaning though the fest has done extremely well this year for headliners. 

i said unbelievable pull, coz they are, the tickets sold out in Reading for that day

44 minutes ago, Properbigfan said:

Seems abit lacklustre in terms of bookings than previous years but I’d still say it’s superior to r&l. Saying that I do love this years lineup for reading 

to me there aren’t that many “wow” bands on the glastonbury lineup and i think that should come with Glasto. If it was released as an r&l lineup then i’d be dead impressed but it seems to lack the wow factor Glastonbury usually has. Stormzy, The Cure and The Killers arent hard bands to see and i’m not sure many others on the lineup are hard to see either

47 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

to me there aren’t that many “wow” bands on the glastonbury lineup and i think that should come with Glasto. If it was released as an r&l lineup then i’d be dead impressed but it seems to lack the wow factor Glastonbury usually has. Stormzy, The Cure and The Killers arent hard bands to see and i’m not sure many others on the lineup are hard to see either

You're overthinking it, if you take the rose tinted glasses off their line ups aren't as wowy as you remember. The Cure, Wu Tang, Streets, Idles, Santigold and Lauren Hill makes for a quality line up imo and there's loads to be added still.

• Upvote 1

Foos always put on a huge show regardless of what you think of their music. They're also one of those acts that seem to have a real affinity with the festival. We've got three other headliners making their debut this years so they're a very solid choice in terms of balance.

2 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

Seems abit lacklustre in terms of bookings than previous years but I’d still say it’s superior to r&l. Saying that I do love this years lineup for reading 

Whats better for you?

5 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

Are we all in agreement that the R&L lineup is better than the Glastonbury one?

We for me personally there is only Idles at Glastonbury that I want to see but there is loads to be announced yet.

R+L usually have better bands for me personally but still have a great time at Glastonbury so aren't too worried about the line up.

The 1xtra stage is laughably bad as well.

Also finding a lot of the currently announced Festival republic lineup pretty disappointing too (bar Jap House and Peace), there were some really great bookings on their last year like Spector, HMLTD and Hinds 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

The 1xtra stage is laughably bad as well.

Also finding a lot of the currently announced Festival republic lineup pretty disappointing too (bar Jap House and Peace), there were some really great bookings on their last year like Spector, HMLTD and Hinds 

The 2017 1Xtra was insanely strong, even at the time people were saying how mad it as to have a run of Vince Staples>J Hus>MoStack>Dave>Bugzy Malone. Danny Brown and FBZ headlining too? yes please, it's always going to look weak for me compared to that, but you're right. It's terrible this year lmao.

2 hours ago, TheWaters said:

The 2017 1Xtra was insanely strong, even at the time people were saying how mad it as to have a run of Vince Staples>J Hus>MoStack>Dave>Bugzy Malone. Danny Brown and FBZ headlining too? yes please, it's always going to look weak for me compared to that, but you're right. It's terrible this year lmao.

2016, the first year I went was pretty insane too. Anderson Paak>Bugzy Malone>Logic>Section Boyz>Stormzy was a ridiculously good run in, even though I only saw half of those. I don't think it's ever looked as good as that since 2016 and the better acts seem to be pushed to R1/Main which is a shame but leads to less clashes I guess.

Also what's your opinion on ENSWBL p.1 mate?