2019 festival

5 hours ago, Jericode said:

Did you see any of Big Character? One of my mates is in the band but I've not had a chance to see them live yet, just wondering what they're like.

Yeah they were the first band on, out of the three supports I’d say they were probably the best tbf.

31 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

good to hear. i've actually warmed up to the album a lot, it's just a bit of a disappointing stylistic shift from drive north that took a bit to adapt to for me

Yeah I initially really didn’t like it but have warmed to a couple tracks like Hellboy and Lose Lose Lose. Always liked Berkeley’s On Fire. Shame you’ve got such terrible tracks like Steve Got Robbed lmao.

36 minutes ago, moonage505 said:

What's the deal with all the 1975 hate? They're by far and away one of the better headliners RandL has had recently...

What hate? The only people I've seen slag them off are the types who write the festival off if Arctic Monkeys or Courteeners aren't playing. With genuine music fans and festival goers I think they've been regarded as the best headliner there this year. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, moonage505 said:

What's the deal with all the 1975 hate? They're by far and away one of the better headliners RandL has had recently...

Not sure about everyone else but I don't hate them.

Saw they were headlining, hadn't heard anything by them, checked them out online, didn't like them, won't be watching them.

No hate.

I do really like the lineup and think it's the best since 2015, but thought I'd be incredibly British and find something to moan about anyway..

I am a bit disappointed with the hip hop bookings this year. With Loyle Carner, JID, Denzel Curry, Jpegmafia, Vince Staples, Pusha T, BROCKHAMPTON, Chance The Rapper, etc. All touring, I think they've missed out. Anderson .Paak and Dave are decent bookings though.

Edited by jamieaslee
  • Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

I do really like the lineup and think it's the best since 2015, but thought I'd be incredibly British and find something to moan about anyway..

I am a bit disappointed with the hip hop bookings this year. With Loyle Carner, JID, Denzel Curry, Jpegmafia, Vince Staples, Pusha T, BROCKHAMPTON, Chance The Rapper, etc. All touring, I think they've missed out. Anderson .Paak and Dave are decent bookings though.

Yeah I agree completely. No issue at all with lil uzi and  juice world just would have personally liked to have seen something more kind of ‘indie rap’ than them 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

What hate? The only people I've seen slag them off are the types who write the festival off if Arctic Monkeys or Courteeners aren't playing. With genuine music fans and festival goers I think they've been regarded as the best headliner there this year. 

Yeah I didn’t mean here I meant elsewhere where people say they’re the ‘final nail in the coffin’ of reading which is just stupid 

12 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

I mean jpegmafia, Vince Staples, Pusha T, Brockhampton and Chance are doing the early summer EU fests so probably wouldnt be coming back over in August for anything anyway.

Denzel Curry doesnt have any tour dates over here atm this year either

Idk what you were expecting but they cant book people who arent in the area (and for US acts its a lot harder, admittedly they have no excuse for Loyle Carner)

4 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Foo Fighters might not have played since 2012 but they’re over here essentially every single year, it isn’t hard or rare to see Foo Fighters. That’s why they are a boring booking. 

Maybe but they have already shifted the day tixs at the fest so there is demand for them.

Tbh If you want inspired bookings then there's other fests for that.

3 minutes ago, jump said:

Maybe but they have already shifted the day tixs at the fest so there is demand for them.

Tbh If you want inspired bookings then there's other fests for that.

Yeah I’m not doubting that they’re a ticket shifter and I’m not slagging the festival off for not making inspired bookings, it’s just that Foos aren’t an inspired booking. 

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Yeah I’m not doubting that they’re a ticket shifter and I’m not slagging the festival off for not making inspired bookings, it’s just that Foos aren’t an inspired booking. 

Nor is Post Malone really that only played last year on the main stage. The same could be said next time for Arctic Monkeys or any headline act that appears every couple of years in the UK. The main reason Foos for me could have been a better booking in that the last two albums were not all that.