2019 festival

Just now, callum97 said:

The Clashes on Sunday are going to be awful but that's the best day lineup i've seen in ages - literally like 13 bands i want to see.

Nothing, Nowhere clashing with Frank Carter presumably? 

Enter shikari clashing with foos - Probs will pick shikari if it's common dreads and catch half of foos

Bloody hell this is going to be tough - i've never seen nothing, nowhere but FCATR are amazing live. 

Shikari management in their FB group said they're not playing Common Dreads in full in either set. But the sets will be different

'this has been asked a few times. the answer is that the two Reading sets (and naturally, the two Leeds sets) will differ from each other. but neither will be album-specific. they'll be more interesting than that. 

as its 10 years since the release, the current tour set has included a couple more C.D songs than previous ones have. but that right there is where the celebrations begin / end'

5 minutes ago, Chad888 said:

Billie Eilish is in no way near big or strong enough to sub radio 1 stage. Just shows that her music producer parents have some connects. Every line in her songs she makes sounds like those stupid one liner "about me" that wannabe emo 15 year old girls would write on myspace to sound quirky. That ones kind of annoyed me.

Im not a Billie fan, at all - but this is so wrong

8 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

@Mattymooz get correcting that clashfinder

On it now, just gonna copy the acts onto last years schedule and then tweak after

seems like Friday is still a little light on acts atm (at least compared to last year). 2-3 fewer acts still on the top 3 stages.

Black Honey seem surprisingly low imo too

2 minutes ago, C14S said:

Im not a Billie fan, at all - but this is so wrong

Really? 

Her music is literally "im 14 and so edgy, look how depressed i am, i just want to die cause im so cool" 

Her latest single the chorus is "step on the glass, staple your tongue, bury a friend, i want to end me ... i want to end me, i want to, i want to, i want to end me"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 7

Just now, Samjones said:

Why are 7 main stage acts on 1975 day but 9 on the other two?

Don’t think it’s the full lineup yet. Reading twitter just stated ‘more acts announced’ rather than ‘here’s your full lineup’. Might be wrong though  

Just now, Chad888 said:

Really? 

Her music is literally "im 14 and so edgy, look how depressed i am, i just want to die cause im so cool" 

Her latest single the chorus is "step on the glass, staple your tongue, bury a friend, i want to end me ... i want to end me, i want to, i want to, i want to end me"

saying she isn't big enough is so wrong. Trust me when I tell you I am not a fan at all, and will def not be going to see her, but she has earnt the slot.

Who are Paris on the pit? Could only find a band who are now defunct featuring ex Fleetwood Mac member and then the next suggestion is Pvris

Edit: Silly me googling Paris band, should've assumed it was some tripe given the way Daniel p carter books that stage these days 

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

6 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

On it now, just gonna copy the acts onto last years schedule and then tweak after

seems like Friday is still a little light on acts atm (at least compared to last year). 2-3 fewer acts still on the top 3 stages.

Black Honey seem surprisingly low imo too

I haven't had a chance to properly look as I've been looking for denzel curry for about half an hour and the lineup was already good enough to make me want to go so anyone else is a bonus. Black Honey are ridiculously low though iirc

Edited by MIchael_scarn

9 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Who are Paris on the pit? Could only find a band who are now defunct featuring ex Fleetwood Mac member and then the next suggestion is Pvris

Edit: Silly me googling Paris band, should've assumed it was some tripe given the way Daniel p carter books that stage these days 

I think it’s a rapper who’s managed to get on that stage on the basis of being white.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I always preferred Mike Davies bookings myself. 

2 minutes ago, jump said:

I always preferred Mike Davies bookings myself. 

His were a bit samey but at least catered to his audience. Dan P Carter seems to want to cater for the people who are already being catered for. There's probably gonna be some hip hop/rap opposite the hip hop/rap he's booking. There's not many rock bands on Saturday at all but he's booked a bill on the Saturday for Post Malone fans

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe
  • Like 1

This lineup is the best since 2015 for my tastes. I’m really happy with this announcement. 

Milk Teeth, Mayday Parade, Puppy, PUP, Press Club, Boston Manor, Basement, Higher Power, Blood Youth, Fidlar and Ghostemane is a solid return from an announcement. 

I love this lineup. 

• Like 1