2019 festival

On 3/3/2019 at 11:47 PM, thewayiam said:

That's a very wide spectrum, I was 2006 to 2012 and after that felt it went downhill for a long time. Last year was a day I was actually interested enough to spend the money.

True - the day tickets are so expensive.

12 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Benicassim announcement coming tomorrow - clues to who its going to be (done in a similar way to their second announcement) on their social media.

Chances of any of these acts being in the Reading announcement considering they're in the same week?

Beni and Sziget announcing today - all beni acts have been worked out from clues on the beni 19 thread

Edited by gfa

8 minutes ago, thelemon said:

What date is the announcement anyone? I'm right in thinking it's this week?

It is this week probably thursday or friday. Unless they spring an announcement on us like they did last year but there'd be no need to give us prior warning if they were doing that again.

Been looking at the current Sziget lineup, and from what’s already been announced I reckon we could still get Jungle, Idles, Parcels, Superorganism, Boy Pablo, Masego, Gang Of Youths, Of Mice & Men, Carnage and  Valeras. 

When the announcement is out later I’m sure they’ll be a few other notable acts that’ll be likely too. Really am hoping for Jungle to maybe slot maybe above or below Billie Eillish and Idles being added somewhere on the R1. Or maybe above Against The Current or Yungblud on the main as there’s still a couple slots for each day.

5 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

It is this week probably thursday or friday. Unless they spring an announcement on us like they did last year but there'd be no need to give us prior warning if they were doing that again.

Cheers mate

Really hoping for that TBC to be someone decent as I need an alternative to the 1975

55 minutes ago, thelemon said:

Cheers mate

Really hoping for that TBC to be someone decent as I need an alternative to the 1975

I'd put my money on it being a hip hop/ grime artist tbh. Dave, Giggs or A$AP Rocky would all be safe bets in my opinion. The 1975 are one of the acts I won't be missing so the TBC slot really doesn't bother me. 

4 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I'd put my money on it being a hip hop/ grime artist tbh. Dave, Giggs or A$AP Rocky would all be safe bets in my opinion. The 1975 are one of the acts I won't be missing so the TBC slot really doesn't bother me. 

No better tbf haha, I was wondering if it could be the streets

On 3/3/2019 at 12:14 PM, Benj said:

Depends on what kind of music you like I guess. 

As an older attendee onto by 22nd or so Reading on the bounce Id rather see the latest big thing, than a load of biggish bands I’ve seen 5x before when they were relevant and interesting. 

On paper last years Nos Line up looks decent but when you actually look at it, most of the big bands there have played Reading, when they were younger and more relevant. 

Id take 1975 over Pearl Jam every day of the week. Doubt I’ll be interesting in seeing either in 5 years time. 

I am tempted by a foreign fest though, especially as I now live in the US, so Reading costs me well over a grand to attend.  Whicj would you say was the best (for 3 old fellas) to attend, near enough to hotels to avoid having to camp etc...?

I'm the opposite really, I don't care how big a band is commercially if its not something I enjoy so 1975 would do nothing for me and wouldnt headline most festivals around Europe.

In terms of foreign festivals I would really recommend Nos Alive, hey have a really good mix of old and new, I stay in hotels, I'm too old now to be camping especially in the Portuguese heat. The festivals has a fantastic atmosphere, its cheap and its not too big, you can walk from one edge of the festival to the other in 5-10 minutes but theres space to chill out with a beer and soak it all in.

• Upvote 1

Next announcement tomorrow at 12.

I reckon that TBC slot is going to be some sort of hip hop artist surely? 

Also I was looking at lineups from previous years and there’s typically 9 ish acts on each stage per day, surely that means we’ve still got a small handful of main stage acts to come? On main stage there’s currently 7 on Friday and Sunday and 8 on saturday

Of Mice & Men have just announced a Europe tour with Crossfaith and Bleed From Within... which ends JUST before R&L,  and then a London date on 26th, I think this confirms all three bands, or if not at the very least OM&M

Edited by itskinglizard