2019 festival

Think Shikari will open main stage and then play the radio 1 stage as an hour long mid afternoon slot? I kinda agree with the pit being too small, they have had issues with the tent being too packed with acts smaller than shikari. We know they are deffo playing radio1 as that was confirmed on the twitter photo so it just leaves either main stage or the pit.

29 minutes ago, callum97 said:

Think Shikari will open main stage and then play the radio 1 stage as an hour long mid afternoon slot? I kinda agree with the pit being too small, they have had issues with the tent being too packed with acts smaller than shikari. We know they are deffo playing radio1 as that was confirmed on the twitter photo so it just leaves either main stage or the pit.

It's literally on their website that they're headlining the pit and playing main stage, some guy posted it like 5 replies ago.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Quackers- said:

Two Door Cinema Club announced a new album for this year. Could they be announced or have a secret set?

Not really any room for them to be put on the bill unless they moved down other acts, which could happen I guess like how N*E*R*D came in last year. I don't think they could play the R1 tent headline against Foos, surely would be pretty packed? (and probably too small a slot?) Secret set would be sweet though.

Edited by gfa

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Not really any room for them to be put on the bill unless they moved down other acts, which could happen I guess like how N*E*R*D came in last year. I don't think they could play the R1 tent headline against Foos, surely would be pretty packed? (and probably too small a slot?) Secret set would be sweet though.

I think they’ll sub in 2020

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

R1 tent headline against Foos is Bastille, do you mean against 1975? I'd say they wouldn't anyway because the audiences are pretty similar. Plus they headlined the tent 3 years ago and they don't tend to repeat headliners of that stage often.

58 minutes ago, gfa said:

The only place I think they could fit in is as a sub for the Foos, but that would be a massive stretch as I think pretty much everyone has ADTR to sub. Could ADTR go third down or is that too far?

1 hour ago, TheWaters said:

R1 tent headline against Foos is Bastille, do you mean against 1975? I'd say they wouldn't anyway because the audiences are pretty similar. Plus they headlined the tent 3 years ago and they don't tend to repeat headliners of that stage often.

Oh sorry yeah and even more reason against 1975 is just pointless would be such a hard split for most fans (i'd go tdcc!)

41 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

The only place I think they could fit in is as a sub for the Foos, but that would be a massive stretch as I think pretty much everyone has ADTR to sub. Could ADTR go third down or is that too far?

surely we could Blossoms down a slot? Seems like just putting them in for the sake of it though at that point

8 hours ago, callum97 said:

I kinda agree with the pit being too small, they have had issues with the tent being too packed with acts smaller than shikari.

Those aren’t bands that are clashing with the Foo Fighters though, or bands you’ve already had a chance to see on the same day.

9 hours ago, Aech said:

It's literally on their website that they're headlining the pit and playing main stage, some guy posted it like 5 replies ago.

I just saw it, strange how their Twitter post said Radio 1 stage. Going by that yes I hope it is opening rather than higher up as that would mean The Distillers would get a lesser set.