2019 festival

8 hours ago, Properbigfan said:

I reckon streets third down on foos day

I do think the Foos day needs a little more for the price but I'm unsure it would be The Streets or choose them to be honest. Room for 3rd down I think still, Frank might have done Brixton but so had Pvris before them. Either a different band or Shikari slipping into 3rd...I'd rather it wasn't mind and then doing a radio 1 album show early on in the day. With Shikari doing Avalanche at Download I don't reckon they'll do such a small show at Reading too.

42 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I do think the Foos day needs a little more for the price but I'm unsure it would be The Streets or choose them to be honest. Room for 3rd down I think still, Frank might have done Brixton but so had Pvris before them. Either a different band or Shikari slipping into 3rd...I'd rather it wasn't mind and then doing a radio 1 album show early on in the day. With Shikari doing Avalanche at Download I don't reckon they'll do such a small show at Reading too.

I think that’s the idea. Shikari have been on a massive tour of smaller venues than they have typically played over the last two album cycles and they’re going to be extending that over the summer by playing more intimate festival shows than they typically would. 

Anyone got any ideas on who will play between Sundara Karma and CHVRCHES?

Spotify shuffle brought up The Neighbourhood earlier who I thought might slot in nicely there. Not much of an improvement on their 2016 standing but their popularity hasn't really increased in the UK since then...

1 minute ago, Cammers said:

Anyone got any ideas on who will play between Sundara Karma and CHVRCHES?

Spotify shuffle brought up The Neighbourhood earlier who I thought might slot in nicely there. Not much of an improvement on their 2016 standing but their popularity hasn't really increased in the UK since then...

Are Chvrches subbing Bastille? 

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Are Chvrches subbing Bastille? 

That's how it's appearing on Clashfinder, not sure if there's inside info on their placing that confirms that.

EDIT: Efests has it confirmed as NME so presume it's correct.

Edited by Cammers

14 minutes ago, Cammers said:

That's how it's appearing on Clashfinder, not sure if there's inside info on their placing that confirms that.

EDIT: Efests has it confirmed as NME so presume it's correct.

Poster says that as well, was hoping chvrches was going to headline R1. 

1 minute ago, thetime said:

Poster says that as well, was hoping chvrches was going to headline R1. 

Kinda works well for me as I'm hoping to go CHVRCHES then Shikari in The Pit, assuming their two set layout is correct.

Pretty gutted that The Japanese House and Blaenavon are apparently heading the Fest Republic stage. Would have liked to have caught them both early afternoon on the NME.

12 minutes ago, Cammers said:

Kinda works well for me as I'm hoping to go CHVRCHES then Shikari in The Pit, assuming their two set layout is correct.

Pretty gutted that The Japanese House and Blaenavon are apparently heading the Fest Republic stage. Would have liked to have caught them both early afternoon on the NME.

The Clashfinder isn't inside info. What hasn't been confirmed out of that is just a guess.

Although, it is pretty likely Blaenavon and Japanese House are on the FR seeing as all the acts in that last pool of acts are most likely not on Main or R1. But what you mentioned about a gap between Sundara Karma and Chvrches isn't confirmed and IMO it's unlikely they'll put anyone in between.

15 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

Honestly I’m surprised that Sundara are on R1 again, would have thought they’d have gone onto the Main Stage, 4/5th down. So fourth down R1 sounds maybe a little low for me.

They are 3rd down which is two above from last time.

On 2/9/2019 at 9:41 AM, Andre91 said:

I think that’s the idea. Shikari have been on a massive tour of smaller venues than they have typically played over the last two album cycles and they’re going to be extending that over the summer by playing more intimate festival shows than they typically would. 

I am aware of this. Going by what is said above and and basing a Shikari set at a similat time on Radio 1 stage to what BMTH had, that would give them less than 2 hours gap between the sets, JEW had over 2.5 hours when they did similar and in respect Shikari scream more which is why I think they'll be higher up on main. I'm hoping myself they are Radio 1 and Pit so 3 spaces are freed up still for acts but I doubt it.

17 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They are 3rd down which is two above from last time.

I am aware of this. Going by what is said above and and basing a Shikari set at a similat time on Radio 1 stage to what BMTH had, that would give them less than 2 hours gap between the sets, JEW had over 2.5 hours when they did similar and in respect Shikari scream more which is why I think they'll be higher up on main. I'm hoping myself they are Radio 1 and Pit so 3 spaces are freed up still for acts but I doubt it.

I think the poster makes it clear that Shikari won’t be third down. I assume that they are going to open the Main Stage and then headline The Pit later on as it gives them more time between sets. 

If they were playing R1 and The Pit, they wouldn’t be on the Main Stage on the poster. 

Anyway, what does the amount of screaming Shikari do have to do with how high they play on the Main Stage? 

Edited by Andre91

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I think the poster makes it clear that Shikari won’t be third down. I assume that they are going to open the Main Stage and then headline The Pit later on as it gives them more time between sets. 

If they were playing R1 and The Pit, they wouldn’t be on the Main Stage on the poster. 

Anyway, what does the amount of screaming Shikari do have to do with how high they play on the Main Stage? 

There is a post very clear on twitter that states them as Radio 1, what would be the point in that be in a picture if it's not happening?, I think it's more likely that main stage is a standard set and Radio 1 is going to be the different set due to The Pit not being big enough, they are bigger than when JEW did it at the end of the day and wouldn't be placed 4th/5th down, defo not 5th depending how you term the co-headliner thing. Sticking them in the pit could be quite silly, it mad enough for Papa Roach. 

The screaming is more due to if they actually want a decent amount of time in between sets more than how high they are.

42 minutes ago, VCK said:

Still think it'd make sense if Shikari subbed.

Why when ADTR are bigger?

3 hours ago, Andre91 said:

But the image posted on R&L's twitter implied they were doing the R1 stage, not the Pit, as the second slot (they could fill that slot I left in the clashfinder tbh)

Edited by Mattymooz

6 hours ago, dentalplan said:

The Clashfinder isn't inside info. What hasn't been confirmed out of that is just a guess.

Although, it is pretty likely Blaenavon and Japanese House are on the FR seeing as all the acts in that last pool of acts are most likely not on Main or R1. But what you mentioned about a gap between Sundara Karma and Chvrches isn't confirmed and IMO it's unlikely they'll put anyone in between.

Blaenavon are headlining the FR, they confirmed it themselves along with Peace. I can’t see the Japanese House headlining it on the other night though, they’re not big enough imo

6 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

But the image posted on R&L's twitter implied they were doing the R1 stage, not the Pit, as the second slot (they could fill that slot I left in the clashfinder tbh)

The website press release already confirmed that they are headlining The Pit.

Electro agit-rock heavyweights, Enter Shikari, will be making Reading Festival history as they headline The Pit and appear on the Main Stage, that’s even better than scratchcard glory, to be honest.

Edited by Jericode

1 minute ago, Jericode said:

All the smaller festivals from the look of it. Would love if they got added mind, they deserve a decent main stage slot. Same for Neck Deep but they've said they're working on the next album so doubt they're about.

Yeah, I'm seeing DON at Community fest anyway but still would love to see them at Reading & Leeds.