2019 festival

Parkway Drive have just played to 30,000ish people on tour including a sold out Ally Pally last night. I know it’s R&L and they’re not aimed at their target audience etc etc but they are so far beyond being too big to play the Pit now. They will thankfully never have to play a stage / venue that small ever again in this country. 

fwiw last night was the best metal show I’ve ever seen and the best stage show I’ve seen full stop. 

Edited by Andre91

13 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

To be Honest Chance is the right size for that stage I mean people are saying A$AP Rocky and he's much larger then Chance. Frank Ocean would be a good booking for this slot and we do need another big Hip Hop name on the Line Up.

Nah, Chance is too big for that slot. He headlined Wireless a couple of years ago. Frank Ocean is also way too big. 

15 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Alexisonfire were 4th down at Reading last time think, not a chance. Pit headliner is a band that would play about 7th down, 6th at very highest. 

A lot of people thought they were too high and I still maintain that slot should have gone to The Gaslight Anthem.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Seems a good lineup for a small indie festival. Foals being there make them less likley fof RnL 2020 or just a homecoming gig for them?

IMG_20190204_180202.jpg

Truck is like 10,000 people. Makes no difference to their chances at reading and leeds even though its so close.

Just now, jamieaslee said:

I mean would the fact they're headlining such a small festival make a difference to them headlining RnL with it being a lot bigger?

As you say, it’s a homecoming so it’s meant to be a special one-off kinda thing. They aren’t headlining any other fests that small - they’re playing their own indoor shows bigger than that even.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

I mean would the fact they're headlining such a small festival make a difference to them headlining RnL with it being a lot bigger?

The bands on the top line with be nowhere higher than subbing major festivals next year or if at Glasto headlining 2nd stage....at the very max.

45 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The bands on the top line with be nowhere higher than subbing major festivals next year or if at Glasto headlining 2nd stage....at the very max.

Still big bookings when you think the capacity is around 10k. Those headliners wouldn’t  look out of place headlining festivals 3/4 times bigger capacity. 

Edited by thetime

19 hours ago, dentalplan said:

As you say, it’s a homecoming so it’s meant to be a special one-off kinda thing. They aren’t headlining any other fests that small - they’re playing their own indoor shows bigger than that even.

They’re headlining Boardmasters which is a fairly similar capacity. 

1 hour ago, Jackson Maniac said:

I wonder if the TBC could be Run The Jewels?

Would be cool/unexpected if so.

Personally i can't see past it being one of Giggs or Dave. Can't really work out why they'd hold either back though, other than to create a slight bit more hype for the next announcement by keeping back a biggish name.