2019 festival

On 2/1/2019 at 3:55 PM, dum surfer said:

what other hip hop names could headline R1 on the 1975 day? Chance The Rapper? J. Cole? I think if Asap isn't really a wireless exclusive it would be him, but idk 

Chance and J.Cole are both too big for that slot. Would make sense that it is a hip hop or dance act though as an alternative to 1975 

15 hours ago, VCK said:

It's not bollocks. Download is a more niche festival than R&L, so bands tend to get higher slots there than they would at R&L. Case in point being the year both The Offspring and Lostprophets headlined. Neither BSC or BFMV would have subbed R&L in 2017.

It was said back then though that the bands the headline on both of their days pulled out.

7 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Chance and J.Cole are both too big for that slot. Would make sense that it is a hip hop or dance act though as an alternative to 1975 

To be Honest Chance is the right size for that stage I mean people are saying A$AP Rocky and he's much larger then Chance. Frank Ocean would be a good booking for this slot and we do need another big Hip Hop name on the Line Up.

29 minutes ago, Peskybee said:

Going by that, it's either slotting in higher on main and playing a similar slot to the secret sets in the past early on radio 1...get people in early spending or the same style set in radio 1 and the lockup set later. I don't see a sound system or I think that'll have been announced.

Edited by thewayiam

23 hours ago, Steve1000 said:

Yeah if there was a band who play the venues BSC do, but sound like The Sherlock’s, they’d have definitely subbed by now.

It’s because there are certain bands with a massive cult following which allows them to play large venues, but aren’t necessarily all that popular with general festival going crowds.

Someone made the point on the community thread that the kooks and don broco play similar venue sizes but the kooks absolutely slaughter broco in terms of Spotify numbers, so I’d say don broco are a cult following band (and I’m part of that cult myself) 

20 hours ago, VCK said:

It's not bollocks. Download is a more niche festival than R&L, so bands tend to get higher slots there than they would at R&L. Case in point being the year both The Offspring and Lostprophets headlined. Neither BSC or BFMV would have subbed R&L in 2017.

But that doesn't mean that those bands weren't big enough to do sub slots. Also The Offspring and Lostprophets year was a year where they had headliners drop out just before the announcement. Likewise shit like The Courteeners wouldn't get the high slots they do at RnL at download, so fucking what?

3 hours ago, KingPin said:

But that doesn't mean that those bands weren't big enough to do sub slots. Also The Offspring and Lostprophets year was a year where they had headliners drop out just before the announcement. Likewise shit like The Courteeners wouldn't get the high slots they do at RnL at download, so fucking what?

The Courteeners would never be booked to play Download. However, they did sub TRNSMT last year. What's your point?

11 minutes ago, VCK said:

The Courteeners would never be booked to play Download. However, they did sub TRNSMT last year. What's your point?

And BSC would never be booked to play RnL, so it goes back to you're nonsense point that 'Bands get bumped up more often at Download though. Case in point being last year's line up, BFMV and Black Stone Cherry were the two subs.' which is nonsense, if anything bands find it harder to rise up the bill at download than they do at RnL.

1 hour ago, KingPin said:

And BSC would never be booked to play RnL, so it goes back to you're nonsense point that 'Bands get bumped up more often at Download though. Case in point being last year's line up, BFMV and Black Stone Cherry were the two subs.' which is nonsense, if anything bands find it harder to rise up the bill at download than they do at RnL.

Reading has way more choice for people to move up, its not really surprising.

Parkway Drive are at bloodstock 2 weeks before, other acts on the poster are billed as UK exclusives but Parkway aren’t, Download have their big slots filled and they were there last year, if they are playing another UK fest not quite sure where it will be unless it’s R&L or a slight chance of Boomtown as it’s the same weekend or part of a one day festival. Were brilliant in Cardiff on friday.

8 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Parkway headlining Pit against the co-head would be a superb booking but they'd deserve a higher slot probably

I don't like them and I get they aren't Reading crowd hugely compared to Download but surely even The Pit would be too small?, I don't think they would accept it. 

Just now, Steve1000 said:

I’m sure it’ll only be Bloodstock for them. Alexisonfire as a Pit headliner? They’re dropping a single in a couple weeks. Can’t fucking wait.

Alexisonfire were 4th down at Reading last time think, not a chance. Pit headliner is a band that would play about 7th down, 6th at very highest.