2019 festival

7 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I suppose there’s also the possibility of Shikari playing between Frank and ADTR.

We might have been thrown by them being at the bottom of the line up because they wanted to make a point on them playing four times.

They need to be on pretty early so they can have a gap between the two sets but they could play early in the R1 tent them play main stage later.

Obviously early main stage/headline lock up is most likely but just throwing an alternative possibility in there.

I think the press release confirmed an early main stage/Pit headline performance. Probably similar to what Jimmy Eat World did a few years ago.

I've only just seen the line up announcement now, shows how far out of the loop I am!

Royal Blood are a nice addition, although I'd have expected them to be booked as headliners when they next played (with Tool subbing ;) ) They must have new material.

A Day To Remember subbing? :blink: Royal Blood would have been perfect subs for the Foos. Also I'm not sure about Frank Carter playing 3rd, Gallows weren't even that size.

The Wombats being bumped up a slot is a pretty lazy booking. Blossoms playing 3rd again, I guess they'll be the new Vaccines, owning that slot on the back of one flash in the pan album.

Overall a typically uninspiring '10s R&L line up.

Edited by VCK
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, VCK said:

I've only just seen the line up announcement now, shows how far out of the loop I am!

Royal Blood are a nice addition, although I'd have expected them to be booked as headliners when they next played (with Tool subbing ;) ) They must have new material.

A Day To Remember subbing? :blink: Royal Blood would have been perfect subs for the Foos. Also I'm not sure about Frank Carter playing 3rd, Gallows weren't even that size.

The Wombats being bumped up a slot is a pretty lazy booking. Blossoms playing 3rd again, I guess they'll be the new Vaccines, owning that slot on the back of one flash in the pan album.

ADTR are a comfortable sub. They’ve subbed Download and done a fairly successful arena tour. Also Franks comfortably surpassed Gallows by now.

Just now, Steve1000 said:

ADTR are a comfortable sub. They’ve subbed Download and done a fairly successful arena tour. Also Franks comfortably surpassed Gallows by now.

Bands get bumped up more often at Download though. Case in point being last year's line up, BFMV and Black Stone Cherry were the two subs.

9 hours ago, TKOCF said:

I think the press release confirmed an early main stage/Pit headline performance. Probably similar to what Jimmy Eat World did a few years ago.

Jimmy didn't open though, they played like 5th down/4th down if you include the co-headliners as just one option which was their position.

9 hours ago, VCK said:

I don't know about lil uzi vert except for I'm not a fan but like the above post I still think there is a chance of Shikari playing higher up than opening. When JEW did it they had two hours between end of man in set and lockup, Shikari would easily have that if they were playing 3rd. I think there is a chance tbh that if they take an opening slot, they'll drop off a bit, their arena tour wasn't the biggest sell but we shall see. Dua Lipa took a lower slot than you'd expect, Sum 41 took lower than I'd expect...tbf that was a great value for money day. At the cost it is for that day you'd expect it stacked.

Just realized the Foos day is dearer than the others too. Also since when did this festival charge £16 per person for a weekend ticket service charge?, £250 with postage and parking for the standard weekend each and £270 with an early bird ticket, Jesus! 

8 hours ago, VCK said:

What's the likelihood of Enter Shikari being the sub for the Foos? Might make more sense.

None

To be Honest I don't think they will sell as many tickets as they did last year? better headliners agreed but undercards such as Blossoms playing in a slot that N.E.R.D took last year and personally Bastille are completely in the wrong place headlining against Foos will be Hard I also think Lil Uzi is in the wrong place and Mura Masa is a poor headliner comparing to the likes of Pendulum in that slot last year and Flume the year before. however we still have over 100 acts still to come including another Headliner I hope it's the likes of Chance The Rapper or A$AP Rocky would really make that day insane however not sure if Fredo is a good Sub he should be on the 1XTRA stage I would much rather the likes of Cage The Elephant or Bombay Bicycle Club. I also think Frank Carter although he's sick live is a slot to high that day would be insane if the Likes of The Hives or Cage The Elephant took that 3rd down ?  

That would be so cool 

The Distillers - FC&TRS - The Hives - ADTR - Foo Fighters 

Edited by bigcharlie65
  • Downvote 1

I think the tbc will be Bombay. However they don’t seem to have anything announced yet. Maybe they aren’t doing any festivals and only their own shows?

them up against 1975 wouldn’t be that weird. They’ve technically put Bombay up against Arctics before.

i reckon a lot of 1975 fans won’t know who Bombay are - the band has crossed into more young, mainstream crowds and they aren’t exactly an indie act anymore

14 hours ago, VCK said:

Bands get bumped up more often at Download though. Case in point being last year's line up, BFMV and Black Stone Cherry were the two subs.

This is bollox, BSC are a huge band in the metal scene having done multiple arena tours and BFMV have subbed twice before last year.

3 hours ago, KingPin said:

This is bollox, BSC are a huge band in the metal scene having done multiple arena tours and BFMV have subbed twice before last year.

It's not bollocks. Download is a more niche festival than R&L, so bands tend to get higher slots there than they would at R&L. Case in point being the year both The Offspring and Lostprophets headlined. Neither BSC or BFMV would have subbed R&L in 2017.

7 minutes ago, VCK said:

It's not bollocks. Download is a more niche festival than R&L, so bands tend to get higher slots there than they would at R&L. Case in point being the year both The Offspring and Lostprophets headlined. Neither BSC or BFMV would have subbed R&L in 2017.

and also get lower slots at DL than you'd expect, take this year, Lamb of God 3rd down, also Smashing Pumpkins subbing!