2019 festival

Well we could be expecting Childish Gambino hahahaha that would be sick 

or 

A$AP Ferg (R1xtra Headliner), Tyler the Creator (IF un banned)(3rd Down Main) , James Blake (Mid- R1) , Lil Wayne (Subbing/ 3rd Down Main), Lil Yachty (1XTRA Headliner)  , Brockhampton (4th Main/ Mid - High R1) , Kid Cudi (Subbing Main) , Anime (Mid- R1) , Frank Ocean (Radio 1 headliner/ 3rd down main) , Playboi Carti (High R1) , Skepta (R1 Headliner), 21 Savage ( High R1) , Anderson Paak ( Mid R1) , Vince Staples (Mid r1), Pusha T (Mid Radio 1) 

Edited by bigcharlie65

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Is Cudi just getting these slots cos Kanye is signing up and bailing on them? No disrespect to Cudder but if it’s on legacy, being above Lil Wayne is a pisstake and if it’s on current popularity then I don’t see why Cardi B isn’t headlining instead. If it’s on humming then ok yeah.

As much as i love Cudi i think you're right.

Could just be what fit with everyone's tour dates and he's arguably better than others playing the same day?

2 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

As much as i love Cudi i think you're right.

Could just be what fit with everyone's tour dates and he's arguably better than others playing the same day?

Quite true actually. Cardi B and Migos seem to be going around as a block booking - maybe for childcare reasons, maybe to keep an eye on Offset.

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

There’s far far worse live acts out there than the Kaiser Chiefs, that being said they shouldn’t be any higher than 4th.

i meant they are bad like being 3rd down. I would love to see Kaiser Chiefs personally they have good hits, like the kooks really a massive drop off. I bet the atmosphere is miles better and their good songs are better too.

8 minutes ago, gfa said:

i meant they are bad like being 3rd down. I would love to see Kaiser Chiefs personally they have good hits, like the kooks really a massive drop off. I bet the atmosphere is miles better and their good songs are better too.

The Kooks In 2018 were so bad on the main stage. Kaiser Chiefs have a much better live presence, seeing them in two weeks, can’t wait. Ricky Wilson is easily one of the most entertaining and energetic frontmen I’ve ever seen. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

The Kooks In 2018 were so bad on the main stage. Kaiser Chiefs have a much better live presence, seeing them in two weeks, can’t wait. Ricky Wilson is easily one of the most entertaining and energetic frontmen I’ve ever seen. 

kooks were shocking I agree. No idea why they were booked to headline community

Saw them at Manchester Arena about a year back. They're ok if you want to listen to a couple of hits but it was quite cringy at times and their newer stuff isn't any good at all. Would be a good booking purely for some indie hits nostalgia but shouldn't really be more than 4th down and even that's a push.

19 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Saw them at Manchester Arena about a year back. They're ok if you want to listen to a couple of hits but it was quite cringy at times and their newer stuff isn't any good at all. Would be a good booking purely for some indie hits nostalgia but shouldn't really be more than 4th down and even that's a push.

I actually don’t mind a lot of their newer stuff (ok it’s not as good as their first three albums but it’s not that). Think they’d suit well in the 4th down Main slot.

Saw the Kaiser Chiefs back in 2016 at MTV crashes and they were certainly better than the acts up until then being Tom Odell, Fleur East and Sigala. That said, Chase & Status blew them out the water after.

It’d be a pretty lame booking to have Kaiser Chiefs but still better than The Kooks and I can honestly see it lmao.

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Enter Shikari aren’t going to be playing Download so I’m now expecting them for R&L. Either NME headliner or third/fourth down main stage. 

I really hope so! I ain't like a huge fan. But know a few of their songs and would definitely be a good booking to have. I'd definitely see them since I was contemplating getting tickets to their show in Leeds over the weekend.

3 minutes ago, Adam Matthews said:

This has been on twitter today, what are our general thoughts on it?

LINEUP DRAFT FIN-2.jpg

Looks almost too close to a lot of the predictions on here. It's a good effort but Yungblud gives it away. Also, Grandson's positioning there is laughable.

Edited by frontsidecab

I mean they were 3rd last time right? So unless they've fallen off massively (they might have, don't honestly know) they're either R1 headliners or subbing realistically, unless they just stay 3rd, which they basically would be in a co-headline day anyway.

Fake or not, I like quite a bit of it. Idles and Great Van Fleet on Foos day would make for a lovely main stage. State Champs and Fever 333 would be great but they're both playing Download so maybe less likely. The Hunna, Frank Carter and The Faim would keep me busy on the other day.

If they announced something close to that I'd buy a weekend ticket quite happily.

Edited by Jericode

They played 3rd off of a lot of hype in 2017. Wouldn't say they've fallen off but they definitely wouldn't even be close to subbing R+L. To put it into context they are subbing community I think which means they will be below the Kooks who were 3rd down last year. 

I presume we'll see the reappearance of @Dan Wilcox tomorrow to tell us Courteeners are back and The Hunna are headlining the tent or something. That poster, despite the evident mistake is going to be quite a way off imo, seems more hopeful than realistic.

Edited by MIchael_scarn

9 hours ago, TownNation said:

FEVER 333 playing Download makes me think they won't be at Leeds :( if anyone is at Download tho make sure to check them out if you get the chance. Heard / seen literally hundreds of bands live and I can safely say they're one of the best. Truly brilliant from them.

They did both last year, but I believe they were a late booking to cover a band that pulled out.

4 minutes ago, TornShaun said:

Could be legit, or should i say i hope it is legit lol plus Himalays playing the main stage, they told me that at the end of their set last year they'd been booked!

I actually got curious when I saw you say this a while back and DM'd them myself and they said something of the lines of absolutely loving the idea of it and hoping to be booked but it's not true.

Obviously could be saying that to cover their backs though (Likely).