2019 festival

8 hours ago, Andre91 said:

It’s been really well received by every single publication I’ve seen review it, which I know doesn’t actually mean anything but it’s all about perception. They have the media machine behind them, of course. 

I’ve been listening to the album all day on and off and I still think it is crap other than nihilist blues and the intro track. 

The lyrics on the album as a whole are bad. Sugar Honey Ice Tea’s are particularly horrible (as is Oli’s attempt at rapping) and part of me thinks that people are only being so positive about it is becaue it’s one of the only songs that sounds like a rock band. 

in the dark sounds like Love Yourself by Justin Bieber. 

ouch and fresh bruises are pointless, boring skits. 

heavy metal’s lyrics are really bad and the guitar / bass line is a straight rip off of Twenty One Pilots - Jumpsuit. The ‘self-aware’ lyrics are really cringey. 

I’m unsure as to whether it will do massive things for them but it’ll do more than I was expecting. I can see R&L taking a punt on them but they’re out of the DL race, surely? 

It’ll get loads of good reviews partly because anyone who says they don’t like it will get accused of being closed minded.

Personally I think there is five or six decent tracks on there, the rest aren’t that great in my opinion (almost certainly the ones I don’t like are the ones that’ll be huge for them though)

I take it that makes me one of the people they are having a dig at in the song ‘heavy metal’ but I can live with that.

Saw The Wombats in Leeds last night, were simply brilliant again, so much energy between them and the crowd were absolutely loving every song. Sold out a big arena as well. 

But at the end the lead singer made a big hint about coming back to Leeds ‘very very soon’, so not sure if that’s a hint that they are returning to R&L again but definitely hope so. 

20 minutes ago, ob123 said:

Saw The Wombats in Leeds last night, were simply brilliant again, so much energy between them and the crowd were absolutely loving every song. Sold out a big arena as well. 

But at the end the lead singer made a big hint about coming back to Leeds ‘very very soon’, so not sure if that’s a hint that they are returning to R&L again but definitely hope so. 

Weird cuz I had a dream last night where The Wombats and someone else from last year were announced for this year. They were R1 headliners in my dream ahaha. 

God imagine being that sad you even dream about festivals.

44 minutes ago, ob123 said:

That’s just a thing bands say at shows.

Would be kinda odd to do Leeds four times in five years (and Bingley the other year). I guess it’d be their own show at Millennium Square if he was being sincere.

46 minutes ago, Quackers- said:

Who do you think will be the secret sets for this year? I reckon Catfish may do it and headline or co-headline 2020.

I've been thinking The Killers or Royal Blood. The Killers are working on a new album and haven't played in a while and I think someone said ages ago that Royal Blood have an EP coming out this year and a new album next year.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

I've been thinking The Killers or Royal Blood. The Killers are working on a new album and haven't played in a while and I think someone said ages ago that Royal Blood have an EP coming out this year and a new album next year.

I’m hoping the killers that would be huge

11 minutes ago, Quackers- said:

There are usually 2 a year I’d be pleased with The Killers and Royal Blood even though it is really unlikely to have both.

It's usually one big headline size secret set and then a 2 or 3  smaller ones. Last year was Bring Me The Horizon, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes and Peace, year before was Queens Of The Stoneage, Wolf Alice, Don Broco and Willie J Healey. I'd say we'll get one of Killers or RB if either, then a couple smaller ones.

2 minutes ago, Garlic Dead said:

I'm not sure quite how stupid a shout this is but any thoughts on Weezer showing up? I'm not too sure they will fit into the festivals demographic but their new album is doing well for all its gimmicks. 

With recent gimmicks like the Africa cover getting them back on the charts last year and the surprise cover album getting traction this week, It wouldn’t surprise me if they got a Mid/3rd down slot on main stage. The fact they also have only one academy date on an album they’ve been hyping for well over 2 years just seems to me like a festival date is in order. 

• Upvote 1