2019 festival

9 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Are we expecting Gerry Cinnamon this year? Not that I listen to him but presume he'll cater to the people who expect Courteeners to play every year.

Yeah I'd say so. I had him high FR but apparently he's bigger than that and tbf it'd be rammed at Leeds. Mid R1, early Main?

11 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah I'd say so. I had him high FR but apparently he's bigger than that and tbf it'd be rammed at Leeds. Mid R1, early Main?

Yeah probably early ish main I'd say. Belter is basically the Scottish version of Not Nineteen Forever so he'd go down with the indie spice boy demographic.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2019 at 3:29 PM, callum97 said:

Opinions on the new BMTH album?

I’m really digging it, weirdly. I think it shits all over TTS.

4 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I really don’t like it but it’s going to be really successful, isn’t it. 

Gone off the idea of them doing a Bullet then?

14 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

I’m really digging it, weirdly. I think it shits all over TTS.

Gone off the idea of them doing a Bullet then?

It’s been really well received by every single publication I’ve seen review it, which I know doesn’t actually mean anything but it’s all about perception. They have the media machine behind them, of course. 

I’ve been listening to the album all day on and off and I still think it is crap other than nihilist blues and the intro track. 

The lyrics on the album as a whole are bad. Sugar Honey Ice Tea’s are particularly horrible (as is Oli’s attempt at rapping) and part of me thinks that people are only being so positive about it is becaue it’s one of the only songs that sounds like a rock band. 

in the dark sounds like Love Yourself by Justin Bieber. 

ouch and fresh bruises are pointless, boring skits. 

heavy metal’s lyrics are really bad and the guitar / bass line is a straight rip off of Twenty One Pilots - Jumpsuit. The ‘self-aware’ lyrics are really cringey. 

I’m unsure as to whether it will do massive things for them but it’ll do more than I was expecting. I can see R&L taking a punt on them but they’re out of the DL race, surely? 

Edited by Andre91

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

It’s been really well received by every single publication I’ve seen review it, which I know doesn’t actually mean anything but it’s all about perception. They have the media machine behind them, of course. 

I’ve been listening to the album all day on and off and I still think it is crap other than nihilist blues and the intro track. 

The lyrics on the album as a whole are bad. Sugar Honey Ice Tea’s are particularly horrible (as is Oli’s attempt at rapping) and part of me thinks that people are only being so positive about it is becaue it’s one of the only songs that sounds like a rock band. 

in the dark sounds like Love Yourself by Justin Bieber. 

ouch and fresh bruises are pointless, boring skits. 

heavy metal’s lyrics are really bad and the guitar / bass line is a straight rip off of Twenty One Pilots - Jumpsuit. The ‘self-aware’ lyrics are really cringey. 

I’m unsure as to whether it will do massive things for them but it’ll do more than I was expecting. I can see R&L taking a punt on them but they’re out of the DL race, surely? 

Fair enough man. I’ve always thought BMTH’s lyrics sucked so it’s not much of a dealbreaker, and Jumpsuit and Love Yourself are complete bangers anyway :lol:

I think Ouch is a cool tune, as is why you gotta kick me when I’m down, then Nihilist Blues is fucking sick and Mantra and Medicine have grown massively on me.

I don’t think that it’s impossible they’ll headline DL, but I wouldn’t put money on either tbh, I don’t reckon this will grow them at all as a band. It’ll be interesting to see what their setlist looks like after this, I hope it’ll still feel like a rock gig but I wouldn’t be surprised if they drop almost all the Sempi stuff and have about 11 songs from this one.

1 hour ago, Steve1000 said:

Fair enough man. I’ve always thought BMTH’s lyrics sucked so it’s not much of a dealbreaker, and Jumpsuit and Love Yourself are complete bangers anyway :lol:

I think Ouch is a cool tune, as is why you gotta kick me when I’m down, then Nihilist Blues is fucking sick and Mantra and Medicine have grown massively on me.

I don’t think that it’s impossible they’ll headline DL, but I wouldn’t put money on either tbh, I don’t reckon this will grow them at all as a band. It’ll be interesting to see what their setlist looks like after this, I hope it’ll still feel like a rock gig but I wouldn’t be surprised if they drop almost all the Sempi stuff and have about 11 songs from this one.

They debuted nihilist blues last night. They’ve kept Shadow Moses, Go To Hell For Heaven’s Sake, Sleepwalking, Can You Feel My Heart and Antivist In from Sempiternal. They’re still only playing 15 songs and bloody Antivist is still one of them ffs. 

Edited by Andre91

On 1/25/2019 at 3:29 PM, callum97 said:

Opinions on the new BMTH album?

Really enjoyed it personally. Never been into the whole deathcore thing. When a friend took me to their secret set this year I was expecting just some bloke screaming for a bit but was suprised in a good way. Which has lead me to listen to the past two albums.

Amo blends heavy rock music with some more dancy/pop sounds very well. Nihilist blues is particularly good. It turns a usually upbeat music style into something darker. Feels like your being chased and running for your life.

neverthelss some of the lyrics are REALLY cringy. Interesting album nonetheless 

1 hour ago, Radi0Head said:

Really enjoyed it personally. Never been into the whole deathcore thing. When a friend took me to their secret set this year I was expecting just some bloke screaming for a bit but was suprised in a good way. Which has lead me to listen to the past two albums.

Amo blends heavy rock music with some more dancy/pop sounds very well. Nihilist blues is particularly good. It turns a usually upbeat music style into something darker. Feels like your being chased and running for your life.

neverthelss some of the lyrics are REALLY cringy. Interesting album nonetheless 

They haven’t been deathcore for a long long time, dude. 

Edited by Andre91