2019 festival

9 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

I think the crowd is usually the star of his shows, makes the atmosphere better.

Imagine if no one knew his song, I don't think he would be great live

I agree the crowd is a strong part of any performance, the crowd can help the artist out a lot.

2 hours ago, MIchael_scarn said:

New Foals song bangs. Look nailed on for Glasto with their tour dates but I'd love a secret set, not sure of the likelihood as I haven't looked as their late summer dates. 

Did you think the shows were quite small in the UK? Ally Pally seems small considering the Wombats are playing the SSE etc? I was expecting SSE at least really

36 minutes ago, gfa said:

Did you think the shows were quite small in the UK? Ally Pally seems small considering the Wombats are playing the SSE etc? I was expecting SSE at least really

Ally pally has had its capacity upped from 10000 to 11000 as they reconfigured how the room is set up. Wembley arena only holds 12500, hardly much difference - and there's a second ally pally show on 22 June too. (as leaked by see tickets earlier on)

Edited by huntyyy
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, gfa said:

I think the shows are meant to be small or special or basically just different to the arena tour they'll surely do in autumn.

I'm pretty sure The Wombats did the same thing when they announced their album; they did Ally Pally IIRC and are doing Wembley Arena later in the tour.

10 hours ago, gfa said:

They are doing atleast 2 dates at ally pally, I assume it'll be two Manchester dates too at the minimum. 

It looks like this is tomorrow festival is basically their Newcastle date of their tour. None for the south west though really.. 

Once pt2 is out I assume they'll do some arenas, and may even do more than one tour of the UK. Then on to festivals next summer

13 hours ago, gfa said:

Yeah as other people have said the Ally Pally is a big venue and if they sell it out twice which I expect them to it means they can easily move on to arena's, which is what they'll have planned post September I presume. Pretty certain these shows are the ones they do before the main tour as the 2nd album won't be out in June so it's a chance to see how the new music is received live and air out some old tunes that probably won't make it onto the next setlist. 

It'll be my first chance seeing them this year as I had tickets for their Olympia show in Liverpool but I was in the hospital at the time and 2016 at Leeds was the worst rain I've ever been in so I managed to catch up to Spanish Sahara before I bailed. Never had the chance to go Manny Warehouse before if anyone knows what it's like? Also thought it was part of the O2 venues but can't seem to see anything regarding priority anywhere unless it hasn't been released yet?

Edited by MIchael_scarn

On 1/19/2019 at 10:14 PM, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Last time Thrice played they played to about 50 people, 35 of which left when 21 pilots were about to start so I'm not sure they'll be rushing back.

Shame. They're a great band. Played to a packed 2nd stage at Download last year in the afternoon. Was one of my highlights.

32 minutes ago, devilman said:

Shame. They're a great band. Played to a packed 2nd stage at Download last year in the afternoon. Was one of my highlights.

Yeah, I was at both the Download set and the Reading set.Awesome both times.

It was a small crowd at Reading but not as small as people are making out (though to be fair I was at the front so couldn’t see what was behind me)

50 people in the lockup tent is barely more than a single row accross the front and there was way more than that(and the claim that 35 left to see 21 pilots leaving 15 people in the whole tent is even more ludicrous)

32 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

Presume they're still sub even though they're possibly 3rd down there depending on FBS slot. What a shocking lineup that is btw.

Yeah, Fatboy Slim is playing after George Ezra until the early hours of the morning according to the IOW website, so Bastille are still subbing it.

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Not convinced Bastille are subbing Reading after IOW announcement, all headliners are subs so.

Well Courteeners are subbing it and they subbed R&L last year?

27 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah, Fatboy Slim is playing after George Ezra until the early hours of the morning according to the IOW website, so Bastille are still subbing it.

Even if they were actually 3rd I'd still be expecting them to sub, really makes no sense having them back if they're going to play a lesser slot despite growing since 2017 if anything.