2019 festival

8 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Are Vampire Weekend a possibility at the moment as they are releasing 2 new songs next week and releasing the new album by May and look like they are veterans at this festival love to see them Sub or third down 

Reckon whoever is subbing the 1975 will be in the next announcement as that's probably the biggest slot left to announce I think? 

I would put my money on Vampire Weekend or Two Door Cinema Club.

Catfish wouldn't accept the slot I don't think when they can headline all the smaller festivals (that they didn't do last year) and really don't think Bombay Bicycle Club are big enough with the current R+L crowd to sub. Can't see Tame Impala accepting a sub slot either when they're literally headlining Coachella.

10 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Reckon whoever is subbing the 1975 will be in the next announcement as that's probably the biggest slot left to announce I think? 

I would put my money on Vampire Weekend or Two Door Cinema Club.

Catfish wouldn't accept the slot I don't think when they can headline all the smaller festivals (that they didn't do last year) and really don't think Bombay Bicycle Club are big enough with the current R+L crowd to sub. Can't see Tame Impala accepting a sub slot either when they're literally headlining Coachella.

Yes they would, I very much doubt they'll be doing any of the smaller festivals this year over sub spots at a couple of major one's, and to be honest there isn't many left for them to do.

48 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Yes they would, I very much doubt they'll be doing any of the smaller festivals this year over sub spots at a couple of major one's, and to be honest there isn't many left for them to do.

Reckon Catfish will announce Latitude & Truck as soon as the UK tour is done.

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

Reckon Catfish will announce Latitude & Truck as soon as the UK tour is done.

I highly doubt Catfish will play Truck, it's a tiny festival. What does that say about their rise if they do that?, and the names for Latitude already suggest it won't be Catfish...They also don't strike me as a Latitude booking.

13 hours ago, bigcharlie65 said:

Are Vampire Weekend a possibility at the moment as they are releasing 2 new songs next week and releasing the new album by May and look like they are veterans at this festival love to see them Sub or third down 

Theyve played twice haven't they?

Hardly Frank Turner

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

I can confirm The 1975 will do a great job. It was one of my favourites before, but the production during I Like America & America Like Me takes to a new level:

I know it’s unlikley but I really hope they can bring this whole stage show to R&L, or at least parts of it (e.g. the treadmill for Sincerity is Scary). 

18 minutes ago, TKOCF said:

I know it’s unlikley but I really hope they can bring this whole stage show to R&L, or at least parts of it (e.g. the treadmill for Sincerity is Scary). 

same, i am intrigued to see how they attempt to translate some of their set design to an outdoor show 

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

1 hour ago, dum surfer said:

same, i am intrigued to see how they attempt to translate some of their set design to an outdoor show 

I think they will tbh, like I doubt their going to sacrifice their stage design, which is a massive draw in terms of their live performances, for their biggest festival slot to date. When they headlined the tent in 2016 they had exactly the same set up as their tour, which was less complex but still the background was specific to each song etc. so I'm certain they'll do the same this year.

1 hour ago, MIchael_scarn said:

I think they will tbh, like I doubt their going to sacrifice their stage design, which is a massive draw in terms of their live performances, for their biggest festival slot to date. When they headlined the tent in 2016 they had exactly the same set up as their tour, which was less complex but still the background was specific to each song etc. so I'm certain they'll do the same this year.

I hope so because its the best stage design I’ve ever seen

1 hour ago, dum surfer said:

I hope so because its the best stage design I’ve ever seen

Yeah I don't think there's anyone who puts that much effort in to what's going on around them so I can't see them cutting any of it out, especially as as none of it seems that difficult to integrate from an arena stage to a festival stage.

29 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Don't really see it much but really hoping for The Streets to sub The 1975 or headline R1 on one of the days. Mike Skinner still knows how to put on a sick show, they were amazing last night.

Yeah can't see it myself but of all the sub acts mentioned them and/or Bombay Bicycle Club would be my preferences although it could be argued it's a stretch for either of them to sub. 3rd down on the Post/TOP day would be perfect for me.