2019 festival

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Joey Badass and Flatbush Zombies got a new project Beast Coast playing Gov Ball. That’s in their home city so might be a one off but would be welcome at R+L.

Yes please. Too big for 1Xtra surely, with FBZ on their own headlining it 2017. 5TH/6TH  R1?

On 11/9/2018 at 4:26 PM, TheWaters said:

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/fake-band-threatin-just-played-sold-uk-tour-absolutely-no-one-2400572

Pit headliners next year surely??

This whole situation is so funny and strange if any of you haven't had a look into it, give this article a read.

"they’ve out-Hunna’d The Hunna. And for that, maybe they should be applauded?"

guess who's back? :lol: 

yep, Threatin.

Rather amusingly, he's playing at Camden Underworld, which is one of the venues which was slagging him off and saying wouldn't have him back.

Not only that, it's for a show in 9 months. He must be a popular guy with lots of shows booked in.

Reading future headliner? :P 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yep, Threatin.

Rather amusingly, he's playing at Camden Underworld, which is one of the venues which was slagging him off and saying wouldn't have him back.

Not only that, it's for a show in 9 months. He must be a popular guy with lots of shows booked in.

Genius PR really, not too easy to get the press he got. 

If his music is not actually utterly shite, they’ll deffo be a market out there for him now

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yep, Threatin.

If his music is not actually utterly shite, they’ll deffo be a market out there for him now

6 hours ago, Benj said:

I know that ‘all publicity is good publicity’ but he has had 100% negative press and he doesn’t come out of it with any credibility whatsoever.

Other than someone buying a Threatin T -shirt to wear ironically, I can’t see anyone being interested in anything connected to the band at all, no matter how good or bad the album/ live show turns out to be.

10 hours ago, dum surfer said:

Catfish would be a good booking to get, would like to see them subbing the 1975 if two door aren’t. Is it feasible for them to be the sub on co-headline day? 

I think it would have to be tdcc below the coheader if they had both of them, not sure if theres much point trying to make a non-mixed Friday as most people who would want to see tdcc and 1975 would probably just want to get weekend tickets. Friday is the day where they need more wildcard acts, probably would say Brockhampton should be there as its definitely going to be the weakest day for selling day tickets

14 minutes ago, pepesilvia said:

saw the 1975 last night. they are going to absolutely kill that headliner spot, just incredible stuff

Seeing them next Friday at the o2, stage design looked fucking mental last night judging by videos. Probably the best stage design I’ve seen 

4 hours ago, teeman89 said:

Would be good to see Gary Clark Jr play on main stage in Sunday. New album out in March and friends with Dave.

Yeah, he was awesome in Glastonbury a few years ago.

Cant see him playing Reading to be honest, that would (unfortunately) be the emptiest main stage crowd ever.

Looking forward to his new album though 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, pepesilvia said:

saw the 1975 last night. they are going to absolutely kill that headliner spot, just incredible stuff

I looked at the setlist. MAN. Banger after banger after banger. They’re also playing two of my favourite songs from the new album (How To Draw / Petrichor and I Like America...). I really want to get a day ticket for their day at Leeds because their set is going to be one big, lovely party. 

2 hours ago, Andre91 said:

I looked at the setlist. MAN. Banger after banger after banger. They’re also playing two of my favourite songs from the new album (How To Draw / Petrichor and I Like America...). I really want to get a day ticket for their day at Leeds because their set is going to be one big, lovely party. 

It's going to be great. Notes on a Conditional Form will be out by then too.