2019 festival

Due to Bastille being touted to sub like they did only two years ago, I doubt they would have Two Door also since they also performed two years ago. Thats why I believe Catfish will sub over them and 2DCC play 2020. If one plays I could easily see the other do a secret set and 2D for me seem more likely for a secret set than Catfish.

10 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Due to Bastille being touted to sub like they did only two years ago, I doubt they would have Two Door also since they also performed two years ago. Thats why I believe Catfish will sub over them and 2DCC play 2020. If one plays I could easily see the other do a secret set and 2D for me seem more likely for a secret set than Catfish.

Booking the same bands every other year is what Reading does though.

• Upvote 4

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:32 PM, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Pretty sure they were on about the first time they played before take off your colours, didn't mention this year. They did hint that they were playing at the Leeds show though apparently.

She said they said specifically they are playing the Friday of Reading next year, but I wasn't there so maybe she misheard. Doubt it though.

14 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

What's a slot "far too high" for you me at six though? They've played Third Down and headlined NME before, and they're they're hardly that big anymore but a similar slot or one lower wouldn't be all that surprising.

Subbing would be too high. Anything else would be fine for them realistically. Wouldn't be the strongest third-down but not exactly the weakest

• Upvote 1

On 12/8/2018 at 5:25 PM, RarerThanDandyB said:

1975 are obviously bigger than Catfish but given the size of other outdoor shows Catfish have been playing, doubt they'd take any lower than co-headline and definitely wouldn't sub 1975 given they headlined the exact same UK fest, GSS, a year before them. 

If Vampire Weekend are around I would heavily back them to sub. If not, TDCC is a safe guess and a nice transition from YMA6 into 1975. Tame Impala also in contention perhaps. 

However, I also wouldn't be surprised if they have a big rap artist subbing 1975 because they wouldn't sub the Saturday and it seems Bastille are defo subbing Foos, and even if they weren't, a rapper subbing Foos would be a bit too far out of place. Chance the Rapper/ASAP Rocky maybe?

EDIT: I'm sure at least two of Catfish, BMTH and Royal Blood will co-headline or headline in the next couple of years.

Edited by R Shah

2 hours ago, R Shah said:

1975 are obviously bigger than Catfish but given the size of other outdoor shows Catfish have been playing, doubt they'd take any lower than co-headline and definitely wouldn't sub 1975 given they headlined the exact same UK fest, GSS, a year before them. 

If Vampire Weekend are around I would heavily back them to sub. If not, TDCC is a safe guess and a nice transition from YMA6 into 1975. Tame Impala also in contention perhaps. 

However, I also wouldn't be surprised if they have a big rap artist subbing 1975 because they wouldn't sub the Saturday and it seems Bastille are defo subbing Foos, and even if they weren't, a rapper subbing Foos would be a bit too far out of place. Chance the Rapper/ASAP Rocky maybe?

EDIT: I'm sure at least two of Catfish, BMTH and Royal Blood will co-headline or headline in the next couple of years.

Not a huge fan of Catfish but bring on RB & BMTH!

1 hour ago, tobydlb said:

Wouldn't mind. Gotta headline tho, they're to big for anything else!

10 hours ago, R Shah said:

I think Catfish would have already done Latitude if they were being lined up for R+L, but have instead taken the money elsewhere so FR aren’t bothered about making them the next new headliner. Similarly BMTH might find it hard and will surely only headline R+L once they’ve played Download.

Royal Blood look likely though. Was mildly surprised that, even with so much hype about The 1975’s new album, it only shifted a fraction more in its first week than the last Royal Blood album did upon release - and that was obviously not as big a musical talking point or much of a thing at all. Unless they completely shit it on the next album, they seem pretty safe.

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I truly think next time tame are at Reading it’l be a headline slot

Have I missed out on them becoming something other than a pretty niche band.

Last time they were at Reading they played to an at most 3/4 tent at about 7pm if I remember correctly (prob don’t!)

i guess in a world where blossoms play 3rd in 2017, anything can happen

11 hours ago, Benj said:

Have I missed out on them becoming something other than a pretty niche band.

Last time they were at Reading they played to an at most 3/4 tent at about 7pm if I remember correctly (prob don’t!)

i guess in a world where blossoms play 3rd in 2017, anything can happen

Yeah, that was the first time I had seen or heard of them.

I was doing the beer run or going for a piss and I wandered past and they caught my eye/ear.Sounded alright to be fair but I haven’t listened to them much since: