2019 festival

58 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Twin Atlantic (sub) & You Me At Six (third down) announced for Glasgow's SS on 26th August with 1975 + Pale Waves… so you would think they would be both joining:

Friday - Reading & Saturday - Leeds

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 17.20.11.png

That seems like very odd ordering imo, even taking into account it's Scotland, I'd still expect YM@6 to be bigger than Twin Atlantic.

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They’re headlining a festival in Newcastle. The same festival as Noel Gallagher and Catfish did last year. They’re never topping the bill at a R&L or a Glasto etc playing dates like that. 

Fair enough, I understand where you’re coming from. I can see you being right unless they’re next album does incredibly well

14 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

They’re headlining a festival in Newcastle. The same festival as Noel Gallagher and Catfish did last year. They’re never topping the bill at a R&L or a Glasto etc playing dates like that. 

Way to kill your own argument for BMTH headlining major festivals. :D

Anyway, it's clear now that the days of there being a top-tier for top-tier acts and a middle-tier for middle-tier headliners, etc. have gone. The Killers headlined a festival alongside Solange and alt-J, The Prodigy headlined one alongside Fleetwood Mac, etc. Panic at the Disco and Fall Out Boy wouldn't get anywhere near headlining Glastonbury either but they're headlining R+L.

I think Foals can still headline Reading in future as long as they don't take lower slots at major fests or get lapped by loads of other acts in their subgenre (which doesn't seem likely in this day and age). I think BMTH will get their headline at Download too. There just aren't enough acts going around to discard either.

26 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Bring Me The Horizon are gonna be headlining a festival which Catfish did last year though, and don't you argue they're still gonna be at the top of majors going forward in the Download thread?

Not that I really fancy Foals to headline bigguns again either, but not sure yr logic holds up here. 

edit: one day I will post something and not be beaten by seconds to the exact same point ahaha

Edited by Odessa

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

That seems like very odd ordering imo, even taking into account it's Scotland, I'd still expect YM@6 to be bigger than Twin Atlantic.

I was thinking that possibly… but then again x3 nights at Barras, 1x Hydro last two hours… either a cheap booking for sub as will sell out anyway I would guess at £45, or DF Concerts will have had advance of new Twin Atlantic album and expect it to do well

2 minutes ago, CJTM said:

I was thinking that possibly… but then again x3 nights at Barras, 1x Hydro last two hours… either a cheap booking for sub as will sell out anyway I would guess at £45, or DF Concerts will have had advance of new Twin Atlantic album and expect it to do well

Twin Atlantic were main support to Catfish at Glasgow Green last year so I think that's just their level.

46 minutes ago, devilman said:

Normal rules don't apply in the weej. The biggest act in the world right now in the weej is Gerry Cinnamon.

And some are hypothesising that Cinnamon might well headline TRNSMT next year and if he does so, that day will sell out in minutes. 

28 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

Catfish playing Sziget, Im saying they’ll sub R&L.

Yeah I think this could be the case, got quite a large following - especially in the R&L crowd too. Could see them playing the radio 1 at the same time as Foos to try split the crowd too as they'll need a big act in there too

Edited by foolee

Not sure I can see Catfish fitting in anymore. Doubt they'd headline the R1, Bastille are more than likely subbing Foos and i don't think they'd play 3rd under TOP/Post. Guess they could sub The 1975, but I'm sure TDCC are gonna get booked and they just seem to be the perfect sub for The 1975.