2019 festival

23 hours ago, TornShaun said:

Anyone see BMTH and The Fever 333 last night in Birmingham? Was a great show!

Went to Leeds last night. Didn't catch The Fever 333, but Bring Me were brilliant. It's a shame they're not headlining tbh. I don't mind TøP, but bmth & Posty would have been great, plus they supposedly have that song together. 2020 maybe?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jamieaslee said:

Went to Leeds last night. Didn't catch The Fever 333, but Bring Me were brilliant. It's a shame they're not headlining tbh. I don't mind TøP, but bmth & Posty would have been great, plus they supposedly have that song together. 2020 maybe?

There’s nothing to say that there is song. It was just a picture. 

on the subject of gigs, is anyone seeing Circa Waves at these small gigs this week? I'm seeing them on Friday in St Albans

I would like to see these as the big names for the next announcement - TDCC/Tame Impala, Kaiser Chiefs, Halsey, Everything Everything (hopefully subbing R1 tent and not on the mainstage), Glass Animals, Justice (headlining a tent), Foster the People

56 minutes ago, gfa said:

on the subject of gigs, is anyone seeing Circa Waves at these small gigs this week? I'm seeing them on Friday in St Albans

I would like to see these as the big names for the next announcement - TDCC/Tame Impala, Kaiser Chiefs, Halsey, Everything Everything (hopefully subbing R1 tent and not on the mainstage), Glass Animals, Justice (headlining a tent), Foster the People

Seeing them Saturday in Norwich, seeing BMTH the day before and Miles Kane on Monday so have a good week ahead of me. I'm expecting everything everything to hopefully play 4th or 5th down main this year. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Aech said:

Seeing them Saturday in Norwich, seeing BMTH the day before and Miles Kane on Monday so have a good week ahead of me. I'm expecting everything everything to hopefully play 4th or 5th down main this year. 

I really hope they stay in the tent, I didn't see them last year at Reading but I saw them at ally pally earlier this year, they absolutely killed it and their lasers etc were amazing, would be completely different outdoors especially in the daytime.

Does this look feasible for main stages?

The 1975/ASAP Rocky/You Me At Six/Slaves/Everything Everything 

Post Malone/Twenty One Pilots/Two Door Cinema Club/Brockhampton/Good Charlotte

Foo Fighters/Bastille/Halsey/Greta Van Fleet/The Distillers

Edited by R Shah

27 minutes ago, R Shah said:

Does this look feasible for main stages?

The 1975/ASAP Rocky/You Me At Six/Slaves/Everything Everything 

Post Malone/Twenty One Pilots/Two Door Cinema Club/Brockhampton/Good Charlotte

Foo Fighters/Bastille/Halsey/Greta Van Fleet/The Distillers

Surely Halsey and YMA6 wouldn't be 3rd downs, and they could probably book Brockhampton earlier if they have a large pool of acts they want.

57 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Theres a rumour the bassist is going to join Foals on tour

That's quality. Was a bit worried what they'd do without Walt but that would be the best they could've done really by taking someone who plays a similar brand of music and is already very close with the group. 

Any thoughts on what direction the next album is going to go in? Part of me would love to see them revert back to their earlier style for a one off maybe but I think they've evolved past that now and it could be seen as a step backwards. Was really hoping they'd headline the festival over anyone else this year but I'm guessing they're elsewhere this summer, a shoe in for 2020 if this album is well received though.

36 minutes ago, MIchael_scarn said:

That's quality. Was a bit worried what they'd do without Walt but that would be the best they could've done really by taking someone who plays a similar brand of music and is already very close with the group. 

Any thoughts on what direction the next album is going to go in? Part of me would love to see them revert back to their earlier style for a one off maybe but I think they've evolved past that now and it could be seen as a step backwards. Was really hoping they'd headline the festival over anyone else this year but I'm guessing they're elsewhere this summer, a shoe in for 2020 if this album is well received though.

I have no clue if the person from here is 100% accurate, but its what I heard. Fits in with EE's plans of finishing the tour off at the end of this year, but Im hoping it would be either him or a tour sound tech Reuben that filled in Walters place when he was ill in a south America date a few years ago.

I've also heard rumours of double albums, album covers with the four remaining members faces on them (doesnt sound foals like though)

27 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

I have no clue if the person from here is 100% accurate, but its what I heard. Fits in with EE's plans of finishing the tour off at the end of this year, but Im hoping it would be either him or a tour sound tech Reuben that filled in Walters place when he was ill in a south America date a few years ago.

I've also heard rumours of double albums, album covers with the four remaining members faces on them (doesnt sound foals like though)

I'm sure whoever they bring in will do a great job but yeah I feel it'd be better if it was someone affiliated with the band.

I've heard the double album rumours which seems a bit bizarre even though it seems like the in thing right now, it's definitely not a foals thing. If that album cover is true I'd sack it off straight away though, even if Yannis is the best looking fella alive.