2019 festival

4 hours ago, VCK said:

Wait, are people claiming that 2009 was a good line up? It was one of the worst, and I remember thinking "what the fuck?" when I first saw it.

Was preceded by and followed by two of the best line ups ever though.

Don't be silly. 2008 was the best line up Reading has ever had.

Nothing will ever beat QOTSA into Rage Against The Machine. 

And hell, even Raconteurs, Bloc Party (in their prime) into Killers (again, I would argue, in their prime) was amazing. 

4 hours ago, theevilfridge said:

Gutted that I didn't start going until 2010, just because of missing Radiohead - I think that was the last time they played just?

I wish i was there. They played a cracking fucking setlist, I’m dying to see them live. Easily my favourtie band of all time and in rainbows easily being my favourite album of all time, shame they don’t seem to play many songs from The Bends anymore though. Although they played My Iron Lung at rock wertcher in 2017 i think and thats one of the best from the bends 

4 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Going by clashfinder, it's only Mumford, Metallica + RHCP (think they underplayed?) that've been given 2 hours in the past few years (1.45 for KOL last year), but I'd imagine if there was any case for a slightly longer set, it'll be the Foos.

Edit: Foo's got 3 hours in 2012, with the Cure playing 2hrs30. Something may have changed since then though.

4 hours ago, jamieaslee said:

Says on the RnL site Foos have a 3 hour set. Would guess 3 hours at Reading, 2.5 hours at Leeds. 

Fwiw they only played 2.5 hours at Reading despite being billed for 3 hours. I doubt they'll do more than 2.5 hours next year. They even had a shorter set than Radiohead at Glasto last year (think they had 2 hours whilst Radiohead had 2.5).

1 hour ago, dum surfer said:

I wish i was there. They played a cracking fucking setlist, I’m dying to see them live. Easily my favourtie band of all time and in rainbows easily being my favourite album of all time, shame they don’t seem to play many songs from The Bends anymore though. Although they played My Iron Lung at rock wertcher in 2017 i think and thats one of the best from the bends 

Closed with The Bends at Old Trafford last year and I lost my shit when it came on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

3 hour Foo Fighters setlist prediction:

Run
Learn to Fly
Best of You
Everlong
My Hero
This is a Call
Times Like These
The Pretender
Monkey Wrench
All My Life

ha @FloorFiller too true

They don't half extend the length of their songs live, seems to get more and more every time I've seen them.

2 hours ago, dum surfer said:

Don’t worry, they were shit. And I’m a fan

9 hours ago, endswithMJ said:

And hell, even Raconteurs, Bloc Party (in their prime) into Killers (again, I would argue, in their prime) was amazing. 

For someone who doesn't like QOTSA or RATM it wasn't. Can't deny on the whole 2008 was good for there has been better.

7 hours ago, willutalk said:

ha @FloorFiller too true

They don't half extend the length of their songs live, seems to get more and more every time I've seen them.

I get the feeling now there are songs they just aren't arses to play but still want the longer length. Not sure I'd call it getting bored but starting to go through the motions a little now.

40 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

I get the feeling now there are songs they just aren't arses to play but still want the longer length. Not sure I'd call it getting bored but starting to go through the motions a little now.

Saw them in June. Great set list and played for 2.5 hours, but felt they could have played so many more songs in that time! Dave does like to chat ;) but then playing hard for that long must be tiring, especially on a multi year world tour

13 hours ago, frontsidecab said:

Going by clashfinder, it's only Mumford, Metallica + RHCP (think they underplayed?) that've been given 2 hours in the past few years (1.45 for KOL last year), but I'd imagine if there was any case for a slightly longer set, it'll be the Foos.

Edit: Foo's got 3 hours in 2012, with the Cure playing 2hrs30. Something may have changed since then though.

On the website it says they have 3 hours.

2 minutes ago, tobydlb said:

outta interest, not challenging your views, why is there so much hate towards Bastille and ID, like obviously they aren't the most original bands and their music is quite dead but I don't get why there is sooo much hate aimed towards those two 

I would guess that it's because they are so high up on the lineup usually when you could get someone with arguably much better music to sub-headline

13 hours ago, endswithMJ said:

Generally agree but, QOTSA were awful at Leeds that year.

4 hours ago, tobydlb said:

outta interest, not challenging your views, why is there so much hate towards Bastille and ID, like obviously they aren't the most original bands and their music is quite dead but I don't get why there is sooo much hate aimed towards those two

Personally I don't have much of a problem with Bastille seen them a couple of times and they put on a good show, not the most interesting of bands but not bad. Imagine Dragons I actually like a few songs but they're terrible performers in my experience just seem to turn up play their songs and leave, no passion or croud interaction just make it dull to watch. There's so many good indie bands around that size about they just seem like such a dull booking comparatively.

7 hours ago, endswithMJ said:

Which one would you consider better?

For me 2010 edge it and the Strokes day  in 2011 bar Madness I haven't had a run of games I enjoy many times like it but 2011 was still....a lot down the weather also one of my least enjoyable.

2008 was mared slightly but Slipknot pulling out...if not it may take it as bar a couple of acts the lockup was very good that year and 2010 except for the top lines weren't for me. ADTR right to GNR with a trip while QOTSA were on to NME was a great day. 2012 however, the Friday is one of the worst bar the top two main stages I've had for me and the NME across all 3 days wasn't great. It was the turning point for camping camping there and tbh at the 12 I realized it defo wasn't for me anymore, I think I knew that in 2011 but we bought early birds for 12 as we're fairly sure Foos would be there.